• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: King of Thorn Film to Run in London on October 24

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jacut

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 am Reply with quote
Preview + press kit of King of Thorn were awful, let's just hope that the final movie is better...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
telemarq

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:08 am Reply with quote
The trailer on the official website looks good. I wonder exactly when in 2010 it will be released? Q1, Q2,.......?

It will be high on my list of movies to see, unless I hear otherwise.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:43 am Reply with quote
The line-up's very impressive, but due to the the event's West End location, the price being asked is three times that of the concurrent MCM Expo in the Docklands. As per usual, I'll be opting for the cheaper event and waiting for DVD releases for the films I'm missing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:59 am Reply with quote
I'd be there, but I'm working that weekend.
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:50 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm working that weekend as well. Gonna be waiting for the dvd release just like everyone else.
Robert Frazer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:42 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed the King of Thorn manga - it was an unabashed and effective action-adventure romp, and Yuji Iwahara has a nicely idiosyncratic style - so I've been looking forward to the anime version with some anticipation, which from the trailer seems to have enough differences to make watching worthwhile*. Alas, it's physically impossible for me to be in London on Friday so it'll have to wait for the final release...

As an aside, after the long gestation of the King of Thorn film, it's interesting to compare it to his next project, Cat Paradise which is self-consciously "anime bait", right down to the school setting.

*-I'm a bit torn over adaptations. On the one hand, I'm a continuity nut and so dislike competing canons; on the other if you're just getting a line-and-verse regurgitation of what you've already read, are you getting value for your ticket?
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:30 pm Reply with quote
telemarq wrote:
The trailer on the official website looks good. I wonder exactly when in 2010 it will be released? Q1, Q2,.......?

It will be high on my list of movies to see, unless I hear otherwise.

My sentiments exactly. *crosses fingers*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1