• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun Anime's Promo Video Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Interesting....but I can't really tell if this is a sequel, prequel, or just something else. I'm hoping for sequel since the first series left some loose ends.
msgundam2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Interesting....but I can't really tell if this is a sequel, prequel, or just something else. I'm hoping for sequel since the first series left some loose ends.

It's a spin off series.

I'm very much looking foreword to this. I like the Index anime so I'll probability like this. Hopefully they have official subs out when it airs in Japan. if not I'll be watching the other way.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:51 pm Reply with quote
ah, so it's the exact same video that was at comiket...except now we can hear it Smile
Cryssoberyl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Based on what we know, this may have yuri. Both the video and the site picture are promising. Anime smile
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Cryssoberyl wrote:
Based on what we know, this may have yuri. Both the video and the site picture are promising. Anime smile

Well, we all know Kuroko is clingy as hell towards Mikoto so that's one side of it. Surprised

This spin-off series does provide potential opportunity for yuri-related some jokes though. From what I got from the manga readers, any problems that plagued Index originally especially with pacing won't be apparent in this spin-off. And not to mention more badass Biribiri action scenes! Cool
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:57 pm Reply with quote
msgundam2 wrote:
Kruszer wrote:

It's a spin off series.

That doesn't tell me when it takes place though. Pre or post Index, or does this completely ignore Index and pretend it never happened?

It would be shame to lose the Toma/Mikoto character interaction since they seemed to have something going there. Though she could carry Railgun all by herself anyway since she is such an interesting character. Confused
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:31 pm Reply with quote
look like a good one
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
msgundam2 wrote:
Kruszer wrote:

It's a spin off series.

That doesn't tell me when it takes place though. Pre or post Index,

The manga starts out before Touma met with Mikoto, and then the events in Railgun runs sort of parallel to the events in Index with some moments of intersection of where those two meet each other.
Pedestrian A

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:59 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Kruszer wrote:
msgundam2 wrote:
Kruszer wrote:

It's a spin off series.

That doesn't tell me when it takes place though. Pre or post Index,

The manga starts out before Touma met with Mikoto, and then the events in Railgun runs sort of parallel to the events in Index with some moments of intersection of where those two meet each other.

in the novels that is, the mangas will probably meet up in a minimum of a year or so...
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:14 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:

Okay thanks.
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:20 am Reply with quote
I'm very excited about this. Aside from the fact that I loved the original Index anime, I've been reading the manga and I'm really enjoying it too. I think it has the potential to be even better than its parent show.

Also, as others have said, you don't have to worry about missing out on Touma/Mikoto interaction. In the manga he shows up quite frequently (not to mention that his Atsushi Abe is already listed in the credits on the official site). No sign of Index yet, though (which may be a good thing depending on your viewpoint).

Also, more of Kuroko. Laughing Oh, Kuroko, wherefore art thou so silly?
pparker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:22 am Reply with quote
Index was okay, but was really uneven in pacing, and many agreed that it tried to cover too much ground from the manga. Plus focusing on Index wasn't the best idea for the first series or made the most sense considering the manga. Thus the many loose ends and revolving doors of characters and sub-plots. But it had its moments, especially in the latter half, and some exceptional animation.

I have high hopes for this one. Take the same level of animation and that story universe--and Biribiri really was my favorite character amongst the many--in a tight, focused story, and you have a winner.
Eivion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:34 am Reply with quote
pparker wrote:
Index was okay, but was really uneven in pacing, and many agreed that it tried to cover too much ground from the manga. Plus focusing on Index wasn't the best idea for the first series or made the most sense considering the manga. Thus the many loose ends and revolving doors of characters and sub-plots. But it had its moments, especially in the latter half, and some exceptional animation.

Never had a problem with the pace myself. It seemed like that whole first series was mainly an introduction to the main cast with each arc introducing a new character. I'm also not sure how the series focused too much on Index. She seemed to be in the background for large portion of the series.
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:40 am Reply with quote
Eivion wrote:
I'm also not sure how the series focused too much on Index. She seemed to be in the background for large portion of the series.

This.
Ofanim

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Eivion wrote:
I'm also not sure how the series focused too much on Index. She seemed to be in the background for large portion of the series.

Which is I am given to understand where she is in the novels. Which would be better called A Certain Unusual and Talkative Fist.

Mikoto and 10032 have a tendancy to take the foreground whenever they appear.

Index tends to get kidnapped.

Railgun is more about Mikoto than Index is about Index. Touma is cooler and less preachy in Railgun, since he usually only turns up for Mikoto to take her frustrations out on.

Plus we might actually get to see Uihara use her powers.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2