• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: K-On!! Blu-rays to Bundle Original Short Movies

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takeyo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Nine volumes? Is the show running longer than one season, or are the producers just sticking it to the otaku more than usual? Only other thing I can think of is if they're going with several OVA episodes this time around.
relentlessflame

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Takeyo wrote:
Nine volumes? Is the show running longer than one season, or are the producers just sticking it to the otaku more than usual?

The run-time on the disc is 72 minutes, so it's 3 episodes per disc. So 26 episodes + 1 DVD/BD-exclusive (plus or minus one TV vs. DVD/BD).

The original shorts are likely the same/similar to what was included in the Blu-Ray run of the first season.
Takeyo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:22 pm Reply with quote
So it's been confirmed to be two seasons? Huh.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:06 am Reply with quote
Takeyo wrote:
Nine volumes? Is the show running longer than one season, or are the producers just sticking it to the otaku more than usual?

More than usual? Considering the existence of 12-volume sets with two episodes per volume, this isn't that bad.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Takeyo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:41 am Reply with quote
No, but given that the the producers managed to fit the last series on seven discs padded with only a single OVA episode, nine volumes for a sequel presumably of the same length sounded like a stretch.
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:53 am Reply with quote
Well, several animes have only had 26 episodes and about 9 volumes of manga or more. I was hoping they would go for a 3rd season, but since Yui kept announcing they were seniors, it will only go for 2 seasons. Unless we get K-ON : College Edition.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Manwards

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:42 pm Reply with quote
I should probably point out that the recently-released first series had these "Uraon!" vignettes too. They were short, silly, extremely crude animations (like children's drawings), in which the characters chat about stupid stuff, like what kind of animal they'd like to be.
sailorsean

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Manwards wrote:
I should probably point out that the recently-released first series had these "Uraon!" vignettes too. They were short, silly, extremely crude animations (like children's drawings), in which the characters chat about stupid stuff, like what kind of animal they'd like to be.

Oddly enough some of the Uraon! are actually based on some material in the manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1