• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Namco Bandai Files The Idol Master/Shiny Festa Trademarks in Europe

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:29 am Reply with quote
While its not the actual Idolm@ster game, I'll take anything I can get.
誤称

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:42 am Reply with quote
Are PSP games region locked?
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:47 am Reply with quote
誤称 wrote:

UMDs aren't. Though I wouldn't expect this would get a physical release... likely digital only due to how niche it is. Plus Vita can't play UMDs and you don't want to turn off potential customers that want to play it. They separate the stores by region, though.

Namco typically trademarks its stuff in Europe before NA though, so I'm not too worried.
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:49 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

Owning both this and IM@S2, it's close enough if you aren't ready to battle through walls of Japanese text.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:52 am Reply with quote
誤称 wrote:

Nope! PS3 games are on the same region between Japan and the US as well!

Hopefully they do release this in the U.S. if the release it in Europe. I'd hate to feel that American IM@S fans are missing out because we aren't percieved as a receptive market. I'm willing to be there's at least as many IM@S fans in the U.S. & Canada as Europe.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
superdry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:19 am Reply with quote
VORTIA wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

Owning both this and IM@S2, it's close enough if you aren't ready to battle through walls of Japanese text.

Actually, im@s2 is not too hard to play even without understanding a lick of Japanese. Gameplay is really simple overall. The hard parts is when you have to make choices in the morning and during promo events, but there are guides out there that can get you through those portions.

I think Bamco could easily do a PSN release for Shiny Festa - people with PSP and Vita can play the game and it's low risk since localization costs aren't going to be too high.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:24 am Reply with quote
Holy crap... The reckoning has come. MAY IDOLMASTER BE RELEASED IN EUROPE AND THEN TAKE OVER THE WORLD! Very Happy
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:27 am Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
VORTIA wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

Actually, im@s2 is not too hard to play even without understanding a lick of Japanese. Gameplay is really simple overall. The hard parts is when you have to make choices in the morning and during promo events, but there are guides out there that can get you through those portions.

Take out the visual novel-ish stuff from im@s2 and it becomes an extremely repetitive, simple rhythm game.
I don't see how someone who doesn't understand Jaapnese could enjoy playing it untranslated, unless you're a super fan of the characters and just want them cooing at you in a language you don't really understand.
dasdas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:28 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The three Shiny Festa games, The IDOLM@STER Shiny Festa: Honey Sound, The IDOLM@STER Shiny Festa: Funky Note, and The IDOLM@STER Shiny Festa: Groovy Tune feature a different set of idols from the fictitious studio 765 Pro.

I'm pretty sure it's the same ones, ANN.

Unless they are saying that the EU games will have different characters.
Panon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:58 am Reply with quote
dasdas wrote:
Quote:
The three Shiny Festa games, The IDOLM@STER Shiny Festa: Honey Sound, The IDOLM@STER Shiny Festa: Funky Note, and The IDOLM@STER Shiny Festa: Groovy Tune feature a different set of idols from the fictitious studio 765 Pro.

I'm pretty sure it's the same ones, ANN.

Unless they are saying that the EU games will have different characters.

Read it again.

There are three Shiny Festa games. Each stars a different set of idols.
Sylontack

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:14 am Reply with quote
6 months ago I'd be squealing with joy.
Honestly now I'm a little bummed out because I spent so much on the games having given up on a localisation, and I know I would still pay for a localisation.

Oh god all that DLC ._.
If iM@S2 got some sort of release I would kill to make the JP DLC transferrable Razz

Honestly wouldn't care so much about Shiny Festa as there is much less to that game than there is the iM@S2 which is simple enough for me to believe I can get the platinum given time.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:30 am Reply with quote
I really want a physical release but I'll settle for a psn release.

Just give me some translated im@s, scamco you can take my money just bring over im@s.
Haterater

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:29 am Reply with quote
Hope it follows through and not just a trademark protection thing they do sometimes. Hurts when the do that to Tales games but don't actually bring them over.
Kara Destare

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:39 pm Reply with quote
If they actually do release the Shiny Festa games they have little chance of a physical release, but if they sell well enough (which I don't actually think they will & I'm a fan of the series) MAYBE they'll think about iM@S2 (I have it but none of the DLC, no way I'll pay that much).

I do have a doubt they'll actually release anything given how Namdai are with their other releases, unless they finally realised most of their consumers don't care wither or not they have an English cast & soundtrack. Rolling Eyes
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:42 pm Reply with quote
superdry wrote:

Oh, I know! But of the two, Shiny Festa requires no real Japanese knowledge whatsoever to enjoy. If you don't read or speak Japanese, you're going to be scrolling through an awful lot of unintelligible text in IdolM@ster 2.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2