• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Top 10...For Now: Anime Papercrafts

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:57 pm Reply with quote
That is pretty cool, must have taken a ton of patience, money, talent and time to built those.

So this is the new feature, pretty neat.
championferret

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:01 am Reply with quote
This is neat but...

Please edit the Hatsune Miku section. I dont know how many more times I'm going to have to say this, but Miku is not the star of any upcoming anime. Miku is not the star of BlackRock Shooter. BlackRock Shooter is the star of BlackRock Shooter. Miku is not BlackRock Shooter. BlackRock Shooter is not Miku.
The only two connection the two have is that Miku was used to sing a song about BlackRock Shooter, which was also called BlackRock Shooter, and it is this song that is credited with bringing the BlackRock Shooter character to fame. Otherwise they have nothing to do with eachother!

whew.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:30 am Reply with quote
Alright, it's been fixed. Thanks for the info.
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:49 am Reply with quote
Is that Unit-01 really made out of paper? Shocked

I never knew paper and glue was such a versatile medium.
PBsallad

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:58 am Reply with quote
Those are really sweet.

My favorites are 1-6. Even though I've never seen Howl's or have played Phantasy Star. They just look really good and cool. Really amazing stuff. The Ichigo one is pretty neat too.
clarissess29

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:58 am Reply with quote
the Howl's Moving Castle is amazing... maiking that is a lot of work and time... the person who made that is amazing...

I also liek Ichigo and the neko..
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:01 am Reply with quote
championferret wrote:
This is neat but...

Please edit the Hatsune Miku section. I don't know how many more times I'm going to have to say this, but Miku is not the star of any upcoming anime. Miku is not the star of BlackRock Shooter. BlackRock Shooter is the star of BlackRock Shooter. Miku is not BlackRock Shooter. BlackRock Shooter is not Miku.
The only two connection the two have is that Miku was used to sing a song about BlackRock Shooter, which was also called BlackRock Shooter, and it is this song that is credited with bringing the BlackRock Shooter character to fame. Otherwise they have nothing to do with eachother!

whew.

Lol, dude. I feel you but, simmer down a bit. Haha. The confusion also lies in the fact that the design of BRS looks rather similar to Miku, so pretty much anyone who sees an image and doesn't know better will assume, and it just perpetuates out from there. But hey, one small victory at a time. Smile

And these papercraft are awesome.

PS> Love the site changes, and the tone changes in the articles. Keep up the good work, ANN.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:27 am Reply with quote
How about the Lego versions of these too? Even better, Lego stop-motion. Laughing
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:34 am Reply with quote
*sighs long, deep, and heavy

All this article did was to show me how pathetic I am. The figma Golgo 13 came with a papercraft backdrop. Even with indented folds, I couldn't make it look good even with the help of 17 rolls of tape and a little spit.

Anime cry

Oddly, this task of building the backdrop actually had me doing a Google search on papercraft. Some people certainly have mad skills, that's for sure.

The only thing I get from folding paper is a cut.
championferret

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:03 am Reply with quote
teh*darkness wrote:
championferret wrote:
This is neat but...

Please edit the Hatsune Miku section. I don't know how many more times I'm going to have to say this, but Miku is not the star of any upcoming anime. Miku is not the star of BlackRock Shooter. BlackRock Shooter is the star of BlackRock Shooter. Miku is not BlackRock Shooter. BlackRock Shooter is not Miku.

whew.

Lol, dude. I feel you but, simmer down a bit. Haha. The confusion also lies in the fact that the design of BRS looks rather similar to Miku, so pretty much anyone who sees an image and doesn't know better will assume, and it just perpetuates out from there. But hey, one small victory at a time. Smile

Ah, I didn't mean to come off as overly angry or anything. It's just that all over the internet it seems people are calling BRS 'that vocaloid anime' when Vocaloid has nothing to do with the anime.

To be perfectly honest...I really dont think BRS even looks like Miku, either. They both have twintails...but that's really it. Lots of anime/manga characters have twintails. And besides, BRS's arent even the same kind as Miku's. BRS's are of two different lengths, for one thing, and Miku's are more...impossibly long and flair out at the ends. If BRS bears a resemblance like any existing character, I'd say early Lenalee in D.Gray-man.
tl;dr I think BRS has a really nice and unique character design and I think it's kind of unfair to huke for people to say she's a ripoff of Miku solely because she has twintails.

Getting back on topic, that Lumia papercraft is really impressive. From the thumbnail picture, it looks like a figure.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:30 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
How about the Lego versions of these too? Even better, Lego stop-motion. Laughing

Yes, more LEGO love.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:38 am Reply with quote
I see that Kaneda's iconic motorcycle did not make the current list. A pity as well, I might add.

I tried to make a print-out papercraft model of it on a whim once. My lack of correct tools, in addition to my limited attention span, soon put an end to such a project however.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rolando_jose

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:35 am Reply with quote
Great time-lapse! Mr. Green
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:16 am Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
I see that Kaneda's iconic motorcycle did not make the current list. A pity as well, I might add.

I noticed that lack of that too, it can be seen here. I admit I don't quite have the skill for it, I need a better precision cutter for it and maybe some insta-dry glue, looking at just the layout design of the pieces.

Anyway, I have done quite a few papercrafts before, good for passing time at the dorm. Here's a few and here's a few more. Those pictures are so massively out of date though, Dratini, Snorlax, Deku Link, and Hello Kitty Mario to name a few aren't pictured in there (although I do have a few close-up shots of Deku Link)

p.s., my personal favorite papercraft in my collection is Jack Frost
Redlinks

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:42 am Reply with quote
the dude who made the castle is a genius! I loved how his cat kept getting in the middle of everything. xD Miyazaki and the author of Howl's Moving Castle should be impressed with this. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2