• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Navarre Withdraws Stock Offering to Finance Funimation Purchase

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Okay. Somebody needs to explain this to me, too. I don't even know if this is good, bad, or indifferent. All I know is that I turn 20 on the deadline. ^^;

Dammit, Jim, I'm a Math major, not a Business major!
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:45 pm Reply with quote
It's neither really.

It doesn't signal any change in the deal between Funimation and Navarre, just how Navarre plans to raise the $100 million that they're giving to FUNimation.

Originally they were going to issue $100m worth of new stock, people would buy that stock (becoming Navarre shareholders), Navarre would get $100m and give it to FUNi's owners.

Now they're going to do something else to raise the $100m.

Issuing new stock can be risky, but when its for a buyout, it's a legitimate move because the company's value is increasing by the same ammount they raise (because Navarre's total value will increase by the addition of FUNimation).

-t
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Yes but that theory can work backwards for Navarre. Market analysis's might see it as Navarre stretching themselves too far and that will cause their stock price to fall on negative speculation. This will reduce the value of those stocks below what was agreed they would have been worth. If Navarre can not find the $100 Million the deal will fall through.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1