• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Film, Comic, Game Makers Discuss Anime Inspirations

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Um, I did find that first link.
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:08 am Reply with quote
Quote:
While promoted the upcoming game Deus Ex: Human Revolution in a Eurogamer interview, lead designer Jean-François Dugas also listed Ghost in the Shell among influences for the game's look, along with other unnamed anime.

I remember reading another gaming magazine (I think it was Game Informer) that mention that Ghost in the Shell was one influence, another anime influence for Deus Ex: Human Revolution was Cowboy Bebop. I wouldn't be surprised if they said Darker then Black as a influence for the game. I always thought the Deus Ex series would do a good job as a anime (I would love to see it in the style of those 2 plus Darker then Black), but now because Square Enix has acquire Eidos and now they mention anime as a influence. It could become true one day.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DarkCyradis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:13 am Reply with quote
The folks at Pixar have continually expressed how much of an influence Miyazaki films have been on their work as well. And you can definitely see anime influences in films like The Matrix, Underworld, tons of Disney Channel-produced movies and shows, etc. The influence of anime and Japanese aesthetics/fashion are actually really widespread in a variety of creative mediums here--from entertainment to fashion to web design. The folks in charge just doesn't like admitting it for some reason.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:32 am Reply with quote
BTW, if you liked SP, you can talk to the director on Twitter @edgarwright.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1