• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Now Streaming: Nanaka 6/17 1-13 sub/dub

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scathach2517

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Has anyone else watched this show? I saw it OnDemand last year or so and it was one of the cutest dang shows I've ever seen. =D I highly recommend it to any fans of shoujo or slice of life. It's a cute romantic comedy..

Anybody else have thoughts on it?
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:01 pm Reply with quote
This is one of the last shows I thought ANN would put up. Anime hyper
It's one of my favorite anime - not just because it's just so cute and funny, but because it provides wonderful life lessons about growing up and taking your time to do so.

I bought the boxset neo-ADV placed out a couple years back - sure, all it is is a DVD-size thinpack with the original three DVDs and such on it, but still, I love it. And the manga-taken artwork is just beautiful, since we never actually got the manga here.
Splitter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Every time I missed a "free Anime Network streaming" day, I was always upset because it meant I lost another chance to see this free and legal.

You're awesome, ANN.
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:15 am Reply with quote
To anyone that's seen the whole thing, how's the dub? I spot checked it while I was encoding and it looked pretty promising at first glance.
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:17 am Reply with quote
I was just reminded of this show earlier today, when I found a Nanaka image on my computer.

I completely forgot about it until then.
DKL

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:35 am Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:
To anyone that's seen the whole thing, how's the dub? I spot checked it while I was encoding and it looked pretty promising at first glance.

Really enjoyed the dub for this one and I thought it was pretty solid; Monica Rial and Chris Patton worked off of each other pretty well.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:57 am Reply with quote
This show does look interesting, but I have one question: this anime isn't ecchi, is it? Just wanna make sure before I watch.
HJSoulma

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:15 am Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
This show does look interesting, but I have one question: this anime isn't ecchi, is it? Just wanna make sure before I watch.

Definitely not. One of the sweetest shows I've ever seen, and basically fan service free. The art isn't really suited for sexiness; it's a little old-fashioned. But damn, what a cute show. It's also surprisingly sad.

Oh, and as far as dub vs. sub, usually I'm a dub person (particularly late-ADV stuff,) but the squeaky Sakura-Kinomoto-liked noises Nanaka makes in Japanese are much cuter than the ones Monica Rial makes trying to copy her. Anime hyper
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:59 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Definitely not. One of the sweetest shows I've ever seen, and basically fan service free. The art isn't really suited for sexiness; it's a little old-fashioned. But damn, what a cute show. It's also surprisingly sad.

Okay! Thanks! I've kinda been running out of anime to watch anyway.
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:24 am Reply with quote
For some reason this plot description reminds me of the story arc in Arrested Development when Michael unknowingly dates a mentally challenged girl.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:55 am Reply with quote
I just saw the first ep of this and I'm glad to say...IT'S ADORABLE!!! I'm gonna watch this!
jyuichi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:59 pm Reply with quote
I've been watching this and episode 9 seems to be wrong? The preview on 8 and the episode title indicate it should be about the cultural fair but the actual episode is of the OVA (listed by ANN as episode 13 "Nanaka the Distraction")

animenewsnetwork.com/video/9010/#play-1 <-relevant URL
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1