• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Now Streaming: Petite Princess Yucie 1-26 (dub/sub)

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Otaking09

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Speed Grapher is, honestly, one of the best animes I've ever seen!

Even now, after all the shows I've seen since watching it, I consider it to be a very good watch. I still, for the life of me, can't get why critics dislike it so... Other than the beginning, which is a little iffy, it hardly ever insulted my intelligence.
And the art, which I can see how that would bother anyone, didn't bother me because I just wrote it off as being "part of the exp.".

As for Yucie and Loki, yeah I might check them out. If it's anything like Tutu, I'll, at least, sample it.
And I'll try Loki after Area 88.

So this is my agenda:
1. Just finished Ghost Stories / One of the funniest things I've ever watched...
2. Area 88 OVA / It was either this or Mari. And having just watched something with Chris Patton as the lead, I'd like to "chain-watch", so to speak.
3. Mari / Has Patton as a supporting role... And Macek was the ADR director, and I like his work so far with Aura Battler.
4. Area 88 TV / Again, Patton... What a CRAZY coincidence it is, huh???
5. Remi / Already watched ep 6, so now I need to finish the rest...

Soooo, yep... things look good.
Brand

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Petite Princess Yucie is a surprisingly good show, it falls apart a bit at the end but over all it is very enjoyable. If I was like 8 when I saw this I'd love it to pieces.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Aw, but I liked the darker and trope-subverting parts of Princess Tutu more. But I have wanted to try Loki so I'm a happy camper over here.
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Sorry, but our licensing agreement does not allow us
to show this video in the Netherlands Sad
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Hey cool! Petite Princess Yucie! my friend is telling me it's good, so I'll watch it. But she wasn't able to finish the series while it was On Demand, so I should tell her about this!
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:44 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
Aw, but I liked the darker and trope-subverting parts of Princess Tutu more. But I have wanted to try Loki so I'm a happy camper over here.

While I too prefered the darker parts of Princess Tutu, I'm one who feels that the entire show, including the early parts, was still really good. So I suppose I'd probably like Petitite Princess Yucie, it will just be at the level of "this is pretty good" as opposed to "masterpiece, possibly favorite series of all time."
Greggo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Somewhere, anime blogger Prede is giggling like a schoolgirl.

Glad to see Yucie up here, will definitely check it out...I've heard great things (mostly from the aforementioned Prede).
Myaow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:37 pm Reply with quote
I own and rewatch Yucie a lot, and I heartily recommend it to everybody. It's just a super cute, really entertaining show from beginning to end, and there's a whole lot to enjoy in it.

I also loved the cutesy parts of Princess Tutu, for the record. om nom nom girly buddy shows, delicious
LavenderAna

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Yay, I've been wanting to see Petite Princess Yucie for a while now Very Happy I hope the dub is good!
levonr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:03 am Reply with quote
LavenderAna wrote:
Yay, I've been wanting to see Petite Princess Yucie for a while now Very Happy I hope the dub is good!

I think its the best Monster Island dub. At first it didn't seem like a good dub but if you give it a chance for a few episodes you'll see that it is actually good Smile
Myaow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:02 pm Reply with quote
LavenderAna wrote:

There's one very minor character in Yucie's dub who's voiced by a guy who sounds like he fell into a time vortex while recording Locke The Superman. Otherwise, it's listenable. I hope you enjoy watching!
Prede

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:37 am Reply with quote
Greggo wrote:
Somewhere, anime blogger Prede is giggling like a schoolgirl.

Glad to see Yucie up here, will definitely check it out...I've heard great things (mostly from the aforementioned Prede).

I giggled...oh yes I did.

Anyway this is a great series and I'm so happy more people have a chance to see it. I think a lot of people just missed it, didn't hear about it, or kinda avoided it. But now maybe they'll give it the time of day it deserves.

(I know this is sort of an old topic. But didn't notice i was mentioned until now. Hope it's ok to post here).

Last edited by Prede on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1