• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 3 of Digital Manga Guild's Publishers Named

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redlinks

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Took you guys long enough to post this. Old news is old.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Redlinks wrote:

As linked in the article, ANN posted about Digital Manga Guild in June and October. This new article is about three of the Japanese publishers being revealed, which only just happened today. That part is new.
Redlinks

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:
Redlinks wrote:

As linked in the article, ANN posted about Digital Manga Guild in June and October. This new article is about three of the Japanese publishers being revealed, which only just happened today. That part is new.

True. ^^; Guess I somehow missed those posts.
caramel_cod

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:30 pm Reply with quote
The fact that it's a paid site says that they've missed the point, in my opinion. Considering how much money the top manga sites make through ad-based revenue, why aren't they doing that?
agila61

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:31 am Reply with quote
caramel_cod wrote:
The fact that it's a paid site says that they've missed the point, in my opinion. Considering how much money the top manga sites make through ad-based revenue, why aren't they doing that?
Nailed it in one ~ the amount of money the top manga sites make is impressive if its a single person collecting it while 99% of the work is done by mangaka, publishers and scanlators ... when you try to spread such tiny revenues per volume among the actual creators, it doesn't go very far.

They might be able to generate more from advertising than the bootleg sites, though, since they have a flash player, so they could run ads similar to the ones on flash game player sites.

Though since it is mostly BL, I hadn't realized that eManga has the best in class flash manga reader ~ it leaves the Viz and Yen readers in the dust.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1