• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Comic Ranking, December 24-30

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:43 am Reply with quote
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (Assassination Classroom) got 200,000 on this first week for the second volume, the first volume got over 120,000 (currently has 1.6 million), so it's doing pretty well.

It's nice to see the likes of Hunter x Hunter getting massive sales (above Naruto, both being first week) as well, though I assume we would see it higher on Yearly Charts if Togashi actually lived up to the Weekly Shonen Jump thing... >_>
Maxy B

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:09 am Reply with quote
That's not just first week. If I'm informed correctly all the new Weekly Shonen Jump titles were on sale just three days before these figures came in. So for Assassination Classroom to do that well with just that? Madness
Kutsu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:59 am Reply with quote
Assassination Classroom's sales are impressive and it doesn't even have an anime adaptation yet. oO

On the other hand, Naruto's sales are pretty average for its standards. 574.373 in 3 days compared to volume 61's 706.697 in the same time frame is quite a big decline.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1