• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: GraphicNovelReporter.com Lists The Best Graphic Novels of 2010

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loka

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:38 pm Reply with quote
I was expecting a lot more quality in both those teen lists; i.e. don't use this as a gift guide.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:39 am Reply with quote
To have Bleach in there, but not One Piece is laughable. To have a cookbook in there and no One Piece is an insult. Really, it's pretty much unthinkable that a list could include Naruto and Bleach, but not One Piece, which sells more than those two titles combined.
Altorrin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
To have Bleach in there, but not One Piece is laughable. To have a cookbook in there and no One Piece is an insult. Really, it's pretty much unthinkable that a list could include Naruto and Bleach, but not One Piece, which sells more than those two titles combined.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/0002-75-11/new-york-times-manga-best-seller-list-december-6-12

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-12-03/new-york-times-manga-best-seller-list-november-22-28

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-11-28/new-york-times-manga-best-seller-list-november-15-21

AFAIK, One Piece only sells that well in Japan.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:

Have you actually seen sales of One Piece in America? Theirs like 20 mangas that sell better. Now frankly I would put it on the list since it certainly sells better than A.I Love You, but to claim that it sells better than Naruto and Bleach in America is nothing short of laughable.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1