• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Box Office, December 25-26

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkCyradis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:08 am Reply with quote
Just wanted to note that the Soukyuu no Fafner sequel film, HEAVEN AND EARTH, also opened this week--on Christmas Day, in fact. According to the film's producer, Gou Nakanishi, the film did very well in its opening weekend, pulling in over 8000 viewers in 2 days on just 10 screens across the country. It would only be counted on the "mini theater ranking," though, not mainstream box office, so I guess there's no way to see how well it did in exact figures.

For those who haven't seen the awesome 2nd theatrical trailer (featuring the awesome new theme song "Soukyuu" by angela), here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inh1Xuvtaow

How I wish I could watch this movie right now... T___T
TopGunman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:25 am Reply with quote
I don't think this news helps very much as football (soccer) anime will never be licensed for NA release. Which totally sucks because we're stuck with only subbed versions of Captain Tsubasa, Hungry Heart Wild Striker, Giant Killing, Moero! Top Striker, Whistle!, Aoki Densetsu Shoot!, and Inazuma Eleven.
kgw

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:52 am Reply with quote
That's a pity. AFAIK, Inazuma Eleven will be released in Europe (UK too), it's being broadcasted for Animax Asia (in English). Oh, and the first game will arrive there, too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1