• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Durarara Part 1 Give-Away

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Okay...when I originally clicked submit, it sent me to the review for Durarara!!, so when I went back to make sure it did submit my info for the contest it said that I already entered. o.o Now I'm confused.
swienke

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:14 pm Reply with quote
@Aura Ichadora

Yeah, it did that to me too. Maybe it's supposed to do that? Either way, could one of our illustrious and hard-working site admins look into this for us and make sure the entries are actually going through? Smile (Not that I want to add to your workload, but...you know how it is)
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Okay...when I originally clicked submit, it sent me to the review for Durarara!!, so when I went back to make sure it did submit my info for the contest it said that I already entered. o.o Now I'm confused.
Uh, why would you be confused? You just said that it said that you entered the contest, right? O.o
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:28 pm Reply with quote
I got sent to the review as well, instead of the traditional entry confirmation page I'm used to seeing for ANN contests. I'm assuming I'm entered, but I'll check back in this thread just to see what the sitch is.
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Sanosuke_Inara wrote:
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Uh, why would you be confused? You just said that it said that you entered the contest, right? O.o

Is it that unreasonable to want to be sure? Normally we get a confirmation screen, this time we didn't. For all we know the system may just be saying we entered already because we already clicked the button, but may not have actually sent the entry anywhere. Better to be sure than assume.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Okay...when I originally clicked submit, it sent me to the review for Durarara!!

Could be worse. It could have sent you to a "You Lose!" page.
Neutral

I entered simply to skew the results.

Which, by the way... curiosity has me wondering what the average number of entries are. This would give me a chance to calculate my odds at winning (not that it matters).
luffypirate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:42 pm Reply with quote
I hope someone that views their anime through other means wins this giveaway. This is the PERFECT release to convert a pirate to a buyer.

Mod note: this isn't an anonymous imageboard. Knock it off with the memespeak.
chefneer
Aria Company

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:47 pm Reply with quote
The rules state: "our shipping agent of choice (ie: USPS)" and do not disallow P.O. boxes. Cool. That means I can enter. Even more cool.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:51 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
I hope someone that views their anime through other means wins this giveaway. This is the PERFECT release to convert a piratefag to buyfag.
Did that label really get to you or what? Anime hyper

And yes, all I want is confirmation that there is no problem with my - and now others that experienced the same thing - entry. It is a bit weird that the submit button would send you the review and not to the usual "You're submitted to the contest, good luck" page that we usually get.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:58 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
I hope someone that views their anime through other means wins this giveaway. This is the PERFECT release to convert a pirater to buyer.

I'm not sure that's true- as I'm entering the contest I'm still reminded of the big price tag. MSRP $50. you win- yay! you don't have to buy it... but if you want to buy the rest of the series... well- lets just say piraters don't really enjoy spending that much. It might be different if the price better reflected prices other companies charge for a series or even if the show were divided in half at the natural dividing point. But in this case, a person with no qualms about torrenting stuff watches these first 8 episodes and immediately downloads the rest to actually see the end of the show- or at least the end of the arc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
luffypirate85 wrote:
I hope someone that views their anime through other means wins this giveaway. This is the PERFECT release to convert a pirater to buyer.

I'm not sure that's true- as I'm entering the contest I'm still reminded of the big price tag. MSRP $50. you win- yay! you don't have to buy it... but if you want to buy the rest of the series... well- lets just say piraters don't really enjoy spending that much. It might be different if the price better reflected prices other companies charge for a series or even if the show were divided in half at the natural dividing point. But in this case, a person with no qualms about torrenting stuff watches these first 8 episodes and immediately downloads the rest to actually see the end of the show- or at least the end of the arc.
Hey, buddy, don't try to act sly. I saw what you did there. Laughing
Takeyo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
luffypirate85 wrote:
I hope someone that views their anime through other means wins this giveaway. This is the PERFECT release to convert a piratefag to buyfag.

Did that label really get to you or what? Anime hyper

I have to admit, I'd just as soon see this term go away. It was kinda funny the first time, but there's no reason to propagate this kind of pejorative, even ironically.

Back on topic, I wonder if the odds of my winning this contest are better than TSRI shipping out my copy of Durarara!! (enough with "DRRR!!" -- it make me picture Carlos Mencia at his "best") before the 15th. Razz
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad I wasn't the only one to get taken right away to the review. Hopefully the entries are going through.

I just got done watching Baccano!, and knowing that there's apparently some kind of connection to this, I need to see this. Therefore, I enter in the hopes of winning. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Raikuro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:48 pm Reply with quote
I was going to get this show anyways, I'm just waiting til all 3 sets are out. Hopefully I win the first one so my wallet won't hate me as much.

Edit: Oh, and I don't get why you guys are getting all bent about people watching it free. The only reason I know I like it is because I saw it courtesy of Aniplex themselves. Even law-abiding citizens can see it if they're that desperate to not pay any money (minus the bonus episodes though...).

Last edited by Raikuro on Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zags

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Raikuro wrote:
I was going to get this show anyways, I'm just waiting til all 3 sets are out. Hopefully I win the first one so my wallet won't hate me as much.

This pretty much. If I can possibly get it for free, then why not.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3