• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Takara Buys Tatsunoko

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spider-moose

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:59 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping this means cool figures and dolls of the Tatsunoko characters

I want a Hurricane Polymar figure from Takara's Jenny line Very Happy

but I'm hoping this won't affect any of their long running series, like say selling them to another company or anything, but it could also mean we will get more stuff on old favorites, espically stuff from Takara
Pat Payne

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:26 am Reply with quote
The article brings up a few questions, though:

1. Takara said that they are shooting for an increase in sales from JPY600,000,000 to JPY5,000,000,000 within three years, an almost ten-fold increase. Given that it seems that the anime market is pretty glutted and flat for the moment, I wonder how they plan to pull it off, particularly if they plan to focus (as the article intimates) on Tatsunoko's older properties (I am assuming here they mean stuff like Gatchaman, Tekkaman, etc.)?

2. How will the takeover affect the ongoing Studio Nue/Tatsunoko lawsuit over Macross? Will Takara see themselves as having a dog in the fight and continue, or settle to get it out of the way?

3. Assuming there's an amicable resolution to question 2, does this mean that there may be a (probably Japan-only) re-issue of Jetfire? Laughing

4. Will Takara's takeover shift the focus of Tatsunoko away from mainly animation to servicing older properties for licensing, or will they still have a healthy animation arm?
spider-moose

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm willing to bet that Transformers anime will probably be made by them now for the next series anyways

hopefully they will revive older series and try to mooch off of them so we can get them hehe Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1