• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digimon Movie on Jetix and Toon Disney

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cicatriz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:29 am Reply with quote
Yes. I can finally die happy. <3 The fourth (or as the called it, 'second') movie is majorly my favorite. I hope they have the same dub cast the english series/1+2+3 movie. Was this dubbed a while ago, or did they just do it? I don't remember hearing about this being in America earlier.
SoloButterfly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:23 am Reply with quote
It's a recent dubbing. Rumors had been flying around the fansites for a while and it seems one of the big ones got in contact with several of the voice actors and got a confimation on the dubbing and airing of the movie (apparently the remaining 3 movies are also up for dubbing and airing on ABCfamily and ToonDisney).

I too hope they are able to get all of the original voice actors. I hate it when they have to change.

I'm also hoping that this is a sort of Digimon revival and that it will lead to all four seasons of Digimon getting a DVD release.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:29 am Reply with quote
I added all the info I have about the VAs to the listing here a while back.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:33 am Reply with quote
Let's just hope the original music's intact.
midori kou

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:10 pm Reply with quote
I don't think the music will be retained, but I'm happy it's finally being shown in the US. I'm waiting for the second Digimon Tamers movie still. X3
Cicatriz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:23 pm Reply with quote
midori kou wrote:
I don't think the music will be retained, but I'm happy it's finally being shown in the US. I'm waiting for the second Digimon Tamers movie still. X3

The Run-Away Train one? I hope they bring that over. The first Tamer's movie bored me, but the second was adorable. (Adorable is my adjective for basically anything good.)
Aresef

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Do thwy really have time to butcher the music (considering how under the radar this dub was)?
CaptainRisu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:37 am Reply with quote
Cicatriz wrote:
The Run-Away Train one? I hope they bring that over.

i thought that movie was awful. the animation was worse than when the series has those crappy animation days, if you know what i mean.

and about this movie being dubbed... KEN!!!!<3<3<3
midori kou

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:00 pm Reply with quote
CaptainRisu wrote:
Cicatriz wrote:

i thought that movie was awful. the animation was worse than when the series has those crappy animation days, if you know what i mean.

The animation will never outbeat the 3rd movie. I believed that was the best of all of the animations for the Digimon universe. Unless you count Digimon X-Evolution... That's a different story.
CaptainRisu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:21 am Reply with quote
midori kou wrote:
CaptainRisu wrote:
Cicatriz wrote:

The animation will never outbeat the 3rd movie. I believed that was the best of all of the animations for the Digimon universe. Unless you count Digimon X-Evolution... That's a different story.

i've never seen teh new digimon.... i shoudl check it out.

yea the third movie animation was my favorite as well, i hear the 6th one piece movies is going to be done the same way as the first 4 digimon movies and i'm sure as hell excited.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:29 am Reply with quote
Cicatriz wrote:
The Run-Away Train one? I hope they bring that over. The first Tamer's movie bored me, but the second was adorable. (Adorable is my adjective for basically anything good.)

Runaway Express was the 2nd Tamers movie.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1