• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Texhnolyze Ending And Overall!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klampo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Any websites or any other info on this anime would be appreciated. Just got finished and didn't find it too confusing.

Just wondering on a few things.

spoiler[Was it as simple as through teknolaization, they basically had a gang war]

Or was it more complicated? Any info on the ending and what happened to some of the not so obvious endings of characters would be appreciated
Slipstream

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:05 pm Reply with quote
I am a little confused by that statement...could you re-word that

spoiler[The gang war is over in the last six episodes. It becomes survival of the human species as we know it. The people of the city are going insane. There is no gang war, they just kill each other. The the people above will slowly no longer exsist or at the very best, never contribute to the evolutionary ladder again.

The one statement that was mentioned that I belive wraps the whole idea in Tex is that the human species is nearing the end of its lifespan. Its nearing extinction...and not just be wiping itself out...but by simply not being able to evolve beyond what it was. The doctor though the Texhnolyze process was the key, but it was rejected by the people above, which are loosing their physical forms. The people underneath are more human...more alive, but are killing each other. ]

The problem, or the great thing, about Texhnolyze is that it cannot be summerized in a single statement without missing something important. On the surface, it appears to be about gang wars in a fictional city. But thinking that is like thinking that Last Exile is about a bunch of kids delivering letters...
Klampo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Ok Im sorry, i worded it so oddly.

Id just like to know about the guy with the mustasche who seemed to be causing all the trouble. What was his purpose.

And the seer psychic. What was her thing and what happened to her.
Slipstream

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:37 am Reply with quote
How far into the show have you seen? Every episode? Just want to make sure. spoiler[The girl, like everyone else, is dead (except maybe the doctor. I think she lived. The guy with the moustache (the one talking about a great feast), was from above. He was trying to change things below, for reasons which I am sure will make more sense when I watch it again (which I am tempted more and more to do). I suspect he was trying to destroy the world below or accelerate its progress...or maybe even try to save it as certain characters he was trying to change ended up being factors in the finale. His subplot was the more confusing one as he is not referenced again after his death. The story moved into high gear after his death and became more cohensive--almost like the creator got into gear and knew how to end his story (unlike Paranoia Agent--I'm not bitter). Smile]
Slipstream

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:42 am Reply with quote
Klampo wrote:
Ok Im sorry, i worded it so oddly.

Id just like to know about the guy with the mustasche who seemed to be causing all the trouble. What was his purpose.

And the seer psychic. What was her thing and what happened to her.

I will admit, even today, the story did not answer every question to my satisfaction. I for one, had no idea why the people of Gabe had their own unique religeon and how Gabe related to the restof the city (I suspect its the mining district).

I really should watch it again...
ibarbar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:20 pm Reply with quote
I ve just finished Tex last night (saw it all in one day, fansubbed version Very Happy).

Blew me away. This is one of my all time favourite now, and trust me, I've seen quite a lot of anime. I think I like it more than Lain.

Comments on Tex are quite futile since you can't answer all the questions. That's the beauty of it. And the thoughts it stirrs in you mind.

I loved it.
Food for thought (overdose Very Happy).
DKL

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Okay, I only have seen this on TV on ANIMAX with incredibly confusing subs, but then, I do have the first 3 DVDs, so I am pretty clear with the story at that point:

spoiler[

Yoshii was actually referenced near the ending where Sakimura was remembering him working in that obscure office place thing

As for what he was trying to do, well, you could say that he was trying to change the situation since it was just horrible on the surface

I guess it starts with having a ruling power in Lukkuss, so he got everyone to commit mass pwnage in order to determine who would be most suitable to lead the city

He didn't want Ounishi in the postion since he was just promoting harmony and crap which by his logic seemed kinda counter-productive

When you think about it though, him and KANO had sort of the same line of thought... He thought that Harmony was an illusion and did some kind of comparison to how it doesn't really work in art *You know, artistic harmony*

True art has all the kinks removed, but if too much is added or removed, it could ruin the art... or something like that... well, then he associates it with Lukkuss and think that the city is inside his head... or something...

yup, I need the DVDs

So yeah, YOSHII goes around kicking ass in order to save humanity by his twisted logic

As for GABE, they grouped together because of RAN, right?

]

Well, that's my current take, but I'll have a better picture when I get the last 3 DVDs at the end of the month

It took this long because I've been searching for those stupid limited edition inserts...

they're a pain in the ass now and I'm stuck with the one with TOUYAMA on it, but now I don't really care and I prioritize getting the damn show into my collection more
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1