• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Some Dates and Timeslots for FMA and EVA on Adult Swim...

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SSJ Gohan 64

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
From the Adult Swim announcements page:

Saturday Programming:

Fullmetal Alchemist will now premiere new episodes beginning Saturday, September 17, at midnight.

On Saturday, November 19, at 11:15 p.m., Perfect Hair Forever will begin its first season.

Sunday Programming:

On Sunday, October 2, at 11 p.m. The Boondocks will premiere, and Family Guy and American Dad will move to the new 10 p.m. slot.

Squidbillies will premiere on Sunday, October 16, at midnight.

The first run of 12 oz. Mouse, a new series by Aqua Teen Hunger Force co-creator Matt Maiellaro, will begin airing Sunday, October 16, at 12:30 a.m.

The premiere of Moral Orel, a new show by Dino Stamatopoulos, is set for Sunday, November 13, at 12:15 a.m.

Thursday(!) Programming:

Neon Genesis Evangelion will begin airing Thursdays, starting Thursday, October 20, at 12:30 a.m.

I got this from Toonzone as well. Interesting timeslot for EVA.
coolerimmortal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Thursdays? The hell is that about?!?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
omnistry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Maybe EVA will be shown uncut; and this is a sure way to make sure that young audiences don't watch it. After all, many kids stay up past midnight on non-school days. Just a hypothesis.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:32 am Reply with quote
coolerimmortal wrote:

Saturday will be full, to put it bluntly, with Fullmetal Alchemist, Ghost in the Shell: Stand-Alone Complex 2ND GIG, and I believe the continued runs of s-CRY-ed and new Inu-Yasha episodes. Thursday is already something of a "second Saturday" in playing select encores, so why not take it one step further and give it its own premieres?

Or would you rather they wait another six months or more for an opening in the Saturday schedule to appear somewhere between the resuming Samurai Champloo and other, still continuing series?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
totalgeek

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
coolerimmortal wrote:

Saturday will be full, to put it bluntly, with Fullmetal Alchemist, Ghost in the Shell: Stand-Alone Complex 2ND GIG, and I believe the continued runs of s-CRY-ed and new Inu-Yasha episodes. Thursday is already something of a "second Saturday" in playing select encores, so why not take it one step further and give it its own premieres?

Or would you rather they wait another six months or more for an opening in the Saturday schedule to appear somewhere between the resuming Samurai Champloo and other, still continuing series?

Well, do we know for sure that GITS: SAC 2nd Gig is premiering in September? I think Paranoia Agent is done in another 4 weeks, so that frees up one slot. Samurai Champloo will still be going, so I guess it will still air at 11:30. I would guess that they will stop airing FLCL once FMA begins anew, as well. If they would dump Scryed to FLCL's slot I can go to sleep a little early for a while! Very Happy
slickwataris

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:46 pm Reply with quote
I saw this list on the as website too. I would've added it to my NGE thread but someone had to lock it for no reason. Anyway I'm glad I have something to watch Thursday nights now although with school and everything...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:11 pm Reply with quote
totalgeek wrote:
Well, do we know for sure that GITS: SAC 2nd Gig is premiering in September? I think Paranoia Agent is done in another 4 weeks, so that frees up one slot. Samurai Champloo will still be going, so I guess it will still air at 11:30. I would guess that they will stop airing FLCL once FMA begins anew, as well. If they would dump Scryed to FLCL's slot I can go to sleep a little early for a while! Very Happy

2nd Gig will be debuting either in September, or close enough to September for it not to make any difference. Not to mention it was one of the big ratings draws alongside Fullmetal Alchemist, and what better way to bring the numbers back to Saturday than by giving people the returns (with new episodes) of two big, proven winners? They'll be returning in September, s-CRY-ed will be continuing for another dozen weeks or more past that, and Inu-Yasha debuts will, more than likely, be continuing for as long or longer. And really, do you honestly think sticking a new show at 1:30 would be a good move? They're pushing it by having Paranoia Agent on at 1, so why suggest they spread their new material even later into the night when the viewership's bound to be so low that few would care? They'll get more viewers with Evangelion on at a semi-reasonable hour during the week than at an unreasonable hour during the weekends.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
totalgeek

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
2nd Gig will be debuting either in September, or close enough to September for it not to make any difference. Not to mention it was one of the big ratings draws alongside Fullmetal Alchemist, and what better way to bring the numbers back to Saturday than by giving people the returns (with new episodes) of two big, proven winners? They'll be returning in September, s-CRY-ed will be continuing for another dozen weeks or more past that, and Inu-Yasha debuts will, more than likely, be continuing for as long or longer. And really, do you honestly think sticking a new show at 1:30 would be a good move? They're pushing it by having Paranoia Agent on at 1, so why suggest they spread their new material even later into the night when the viewership's bound to be so low that few would care? They'll get more viewers with Evangelion on at a semi-reasonable hour during the week than at an unreasonable hour during the weekends.

Well, I was just trying to think how I would organize the night. Since Samurai Champloo will still have about a dozen episodes left, as does Scryed, and it seems that FMA is starting at Midnight, that implies that Samurai Champloo or Inuyasha will be aired at 11:30. My rundown would be:

11:30 Samurai Champloo (~13 more episodes)
12:00 Fullmetal Alchemist
12:30 Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig
01:00 Inuyasha
01:30 Scryed (~13 more episodes)

It is possible they might try to move Inuyasha to 11:30 and Samurai Champloo at 1:30, but I'd really hope they wouldn't do that. I was ticked when they shunted Paranoia Agent to 1:00 instead of keeping it after Samurai Champloo.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Samurai Champloo's taking a hiatus after it reaches the 13 or so episode mark. It won't be running alongside Fullmetal, 2nd Gig, Inu-Yasha, & s-CRY-ed.
mitora

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:18 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Samurai Champloo's taking a hiatus after it reaches the 13 or so episode mark. It won't be running alongside Fullmetal, 2nd Gig, Inu-Yasha, & s-CRY-ed.

Now why would AS do that? Confused
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:25 am Reply with quote
Probably because Samurai Champloo is one of the lower-rated shows of the evening, combined with the fact that Geneon's on this kick lately of only giving networks 13 episodes of a series at a time anyway. I reckon around second quarter 2006, they'll bring it back with the last 13 episodes. Likely around the completion of Fullmetal & 2nd Gig.
coolerimmortal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Ouch. If they're only airing the first 13 episodes of Champloo...13 is Part 1 of a 2 part episode, and...well, with the ending it gets, it suffices to say that the fans will not be pleased.

The same thing happened with Gungrave, I recall...That was Geneon too, right? Quite annoying, really.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:58 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Geneon's on this kick lately of only giving networks 13 episodes of a series at a time anyway.

Are there other networks than CN and G4 that have been shafted... er, I mean pleasantly told to restrict the episodes?

(The only other station I know of that plays Geneon / Pioneer anime is Encore Action, but they only seem to have Hellsing, and that's 13 episodes anyway. I'm just curious if there are other networks or syndications getting the same treatment.)
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Not that I know of. Like you said, Cartoon Network & G4 are pretty much the only networks who've dealt with Geneon in the past couple years regarding series longer than 13 episodes. It should probably also be noted that when they were called Pioneer, Geneon didn't pull this stunt; remember that the Tenchi Muyo! TV series ran in full the entire time, among other shows.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1