• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yozakura Quartet Gets New Anime DVD Series

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:56 am Reply with quote
Oh nice, been awhile since I've checked out anything from that franchise.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:13 am Reply with quote
Awesome. Was just listening to the character CD yesterday. I really hope the Mariabelle and Yuuhi past arc is what gets animated. I love those two (and Yuuhi's character song is KICK ASS). And I hope the character designs for this OVA series are better... And I hope that Sentai will release a collection of them all... They're impossible to buy on the Japanese market now due to them being bundled as limited edition manga volumes...
belvadeer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:17 am Reply with quote
Definite yes to this.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:58 am Reply with quote
Very happy to hear this. The article mentions that this is a "series" so I wonder if that means at least 12 episodes?
Relairknight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:06 am Reply with quote
I wonder if Del Rey still has the manga rights and is just sitting on them for some reason, I remember buying the first 5 volumes and really enjoying them... Yet another unfinished series mocking me from my shelves *sigh*
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:33 am Reply with quote
Relairknight wrote:
I wonder if Del Rey still has the manga rights and is just sitting on them for some reason, I remember buying the first 5 volumes and really enjoying them... Yet another unfinished series mocking me from my shelves *sigh*

They were returned to Kodansha after they demanded all their titles back, and Del Rey manga crumbled. After that, Kodansha admitted they didn't know what was going to happen to the English translation of Yozakura Quartet. It's probably going to stay in Japan until another company licenses it... But it's been like 3 years now.

Edit: Just rechecked, JManga had licensed it... But they just crumbled a few days ago. It was returned to Kodansha once again.
thaivuN

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:36 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Very happy to hear this. The article mentions that this is a "series" so I wonder if that means at least 12 episodes?

No, It's only going to be 3 episodes, each as a bonus for Volume 9, 10 and 11. Basically, only the Tsuki ni Naku arc in Volume 11 is being animated.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the clarification. I would have preferred a full one cours, but hey sumpin' is better than nuthin'.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:02 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
They were returned to Kodansha after they demanded all their titles back, and Del Rey manga crumbled. After that, Kodansha admitted they didn't know what was going to happen to the English translation of Yozakura Quartet. It's probably going to stay in Japan until another company licenses it... But it's been like 3 years now.

Edit: Just rechecked, JManga had licensed it... But they just crumbled a few days ago. It was returned to Kodansha once again.

So basically, until another company licenses it again for English release, no dice on the rest of the manga. Darn, it's always my favorite hooks that hit snags.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1