• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Stream Karneval TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:28 am Reply with quote
Why does this look a lot like Nabari no Ou?

Eh... Whatever. I'm just hoping that FUNi picks up the rights to Attack on Titan soon.
rootsofjustice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:29 am Reply with quote
Wasn't quite what I was expecting them to come out of the gate with, but I'll give it a shot.
RedemptionRevenge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:57 am Reply with quote
I am actually a little surprised that CR didn't get this..... huh!
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:09 pm Reply with quote
...One of my most anticipated series of the season...With crappy Hulu video quality...And 5 day latecast...*sighs*

Okay, I guess I should probably be grateful that someone's streaming it rather than complaining. ...But...
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Damn. I was hoping CR would get this because Funimation's site is terrible, but ah well. I'll still stream it from them anyway.
opn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Phew for a second there i thought funi got a good series Laughing . Anyway first episode was bad so i dont particularly care about funi getting it.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Come on people yes the video qaulity is a bit lower then crunchy but you have to pay for that major increase in qaulity. also funimations site is functional the only time you have problems with it is when you leave it to buffer for to long.

At least the subs will be HQ which can't always be said for sentai or crunchyroll.
geishageek

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:54 pm Reply with quote
This disappoints me greatly. I cannot stand Funimation's players or Hulu. Was hoping Crunchy would pick this up, but now I guess I will have to wait to import the singles to watch.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:00 pm Reply with quote
geishageek wrote:
This disappoints me greatly. I cannot stand Funimation's players or Hulu. Was hoping Crunchy would pick this up, but now I guess I will have to wait to import the singles to watch.

I can understand some of the dislike for the funi player but what is wrong with hulu if you can acess the site (aka not region locked)
geishageek

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Its not commercial free, even though I pay for the service, and the picture quality is usually pretty crappy for HD. I'm spoiled with Crunchyroll and Netflix where you get no commercials and actual HD content that looks like HD content.

If I am paying for a service, I expect it to be the best it can be, just not mediocre to OK.
st_owly

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:59 pm Reply with quote
And there go my hopes of it streaming to the UK. I was hoping that I would be able to avoid downloading anything this season Sad
Nocturne123

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:26 pm Reply with quote
geishageek wrote:
Its not commercial free, even though I pay for the service, and the picture quality is usually pretty crappy for HD. I'm spoiled with Crunchyroll and Netflix where you get no commercials and actual HD content that looks like HD content.

If I am paying for a service, I expect it to be the best it can be, just not mediocre to OK.

So pretty much you dont pay for services then? Most streaming services are mediocre to OK.

Netflix is marginal at best. Sure you have a huge selection, but picture quality isnt the best.

Crunchyroll is good and it got better now that I can watch it on my TV, but even with a fast internet connection, the high def settings change every so often.

For Funimation, what I have found is, the website is variable. Sometimes I have no problems, other times I do. BUT the tablet and roku apps are significantly better. I never have a problem with them. So if you have a Roku, definitely use the Funimation app there.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Hey guys? Did you hear? There's this wonderful new thing called "downloading rips". It works pretty well, from what I've seen.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:28 pm Reply with quote
teach me more o great and wise shiroyasha
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Nocturne123 wrote:
For Funimation, what I have found is, the website is variable. Sometimes I have no problems, other times I do. BUT the tablet and roku apps are significantly better. I never have a problem with them. So if you have a Roku, definitely use the Funimation app there.

I have a Roku and the Funimation HD streams look great.

I hope this show returns good numbers and gets a physical release.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1