• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Lupin III vs. Detective Conan The Movie Opens in December

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Awesome, an excuse to see these two cross over again. :D
Kutsu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Interesting. I liked the previous one although it lacked interactions between the 2 groups and wasn't 'Lupinish' enough.
The American Average

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:55 pm Reply with quote
meanwhile, in America.
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:30 pm Reply with quote
The American Average wrote:
meanwhile, in America.

"Yet another awesome anime i'll never get to see localized!" *sobs like a small child*

Seriously though if D-Tek, Funi, Sentai, anyone brought this over, all of my love they would have.

Hmm, maybe if the Fujiko Mine series does well enough for Funi... *hey I can dream*
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Im looking forward to this---even if sub only
TitanXL

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to this.. but I'd also love to see a Lupin VS Kaito Kid as well.
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:09 pm Reply with quote
...I think I just wet myself. Yeah, I need new pants after reading this news.

YES. YES YES YES YES YES. Here's hoping it does a better job of merging their worlds than the special did (haven't seen it yet, but I hear it's not exactly the best it could have been), because these two series are just made for each other.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:18 pm Reply with quote
TMS must finally admit that they have no idea what to do with Lupin and the gang. Okada was the only person to do anything worthwhile with them in over a decade. That they're already resorting to revisiting something they just did a few years ago again shows me that the Lupin franchise is on life support.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
trilaan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:24 pm Reply with quote
I would much rather see Lupin III vs City Hunter.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Sounds great! After finishing a woman named fujiko, I'm every interested in the lupin franchise and I've liked detective conan since I was starting out as an anime/manga fan (though I couldn't be arsed enough to keep up with the series up to date) It'll be interesting to see how they mesh these two together... assuming they acctually do this time, I hear last time didn't go so well.
Zump

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:28 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
TMS must finally admit that they have no idea what to do with Lupin and the gang. Okada was the only person to do anything worthwhile with them in over a decade. That they're already resorting to revisiting something they just did a few years ago again shows me that the Lupin franchise is on life support.

I'm afraid you may be right about this. I'm not very confident that this upcoming crossover will be any better than the last one, which TMS somehow managed to screw up by not having it being about Conan pursuing Lupin.

I'm guessing that Fujiko Mine didn't sell all that well in Japan and now they're going back to the old formula? I was hoping that the Takeshi Koike designs from the Fujiko Mine series would stick around for future Lupin installments, but apparently they were a one-time deal. Pity.
E-Master

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:29 pm Reply with quote
It was a matter of time to see another Lupin theatrical anime film get made. Cause 17 years is a really long time since Lupin appeared on the big screen, though I would never of guess that it be another crossover with the Detective Conan characters. Which is cool that they're doing another crossover with that franchise. I too agree that it would be cool to see Lupin cross paths with another anime character, but one can dream right?
Aizen-chan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:35 am Reply with quote
trilaan wrote:
I would much rather see Lupin III vs City Hunter.
^^^This!

I really think that the Lupin franchise needs a new TV series, instead of just one TV special/movie every year. Just go back, pick out some of the best episodes from the original 3 TV series and modernize them. "The Woman Called Fujiko Mine" had great art but it really was too different story-line wise.
E-Master

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Aizen-chan wrote:

I really think that the Lupin franchise needs a new TV series, instead of just one TV special/movie every year. Just go back, pick out some of the best episodes from the original 3 TV series and modernize them. "The Woman Called Fujiko Mine" had great art but it really was too different story-line wise.

I'm all in for another TV series as well, I love the Fujiko series even though Fujiko had more screen time than Lupin did. But I would gladly own the entire series on Blu-ray once it gets a domestic release from FUNimation I'll buy it right away. As for another TV series, it would be cool if it includes episodes that consist of ideas from the manga that were never adapted into any Lupin anime before. With some rewrites they could pose to be highly entertaining episodes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1