• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Center Position For Love Live!'s 6th Single Music Video Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MadaraSaynora

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:07 am Reply with quote
no wonder Maki become the first.She have an amazing voice.

I hope they make another season and compete with A-RISE.
soul.assassin

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:25 am Reply with quote
This franchise will surely continue to be on a profitable roll, having created an upset where they steamrolled over a certain other idol show based on a real-life girl group.
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:48 am Reply with quote
Maki wasn't unexpected, but the anime really killed all Nico's chance of ever being in the top 3.
Ranma824

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see 2 of my top 5 favs make it in there.
rookie_one
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:53 pm Reply with quote
kotori in last place Sad

would love to see a second season.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 3:32 pm Reply with quote
soul.assassin wrote:
This franchise will surely continue to be on a profitable roll, having created an upset where they steamrolled over a certain other idol show based on a real-life girl group.

I just wish the creative Kawamori that brought us stuff like the original Macross, Plus and Escaflowne would come back instead of this kind of crappy all but sell out idol fanboy he's apparently been replaced with. What the hell happened to this guy anyway, I mean other than Macross Frontier everything he's been involved with in the 21st century has been kind of terrible to mediocre at best.

As for why AKB0048 not being the success Love Live is despite having the star power of the real life AKB48 behind it I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest it was a combination of better production values, less frankly kind of creepy character designs (the design for Love Live looks like they obsessed over the detail for each individual character), tighter more focused writing that relied less on gimmicks (Mari Okada sigh) and kind of better songs. Also AKB0048 had more IMO try hard moments while Love Live just sort of looked to do it's thing like it was effortless. I think though at the end of the day Sunrise Studio 8 production>Satelight production in general made the difference. Just a bad season to go head to head with them like Satelight tried to, it would have been smarter to do what Idolmaster did and just do it's own thing when there's basically just zero competition like summer 2011.

Anyway this selection was kind of a foregone conclusion as Maki is the shows super invincible tier perfect ojou character anyway. It's like the producers wanted her to be the runaway popular character since they basically gave her all positive traits top down.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Anyway this selection was kind of a foregone conclusion as Maki is the shows super invincible tier perfect ojou character anyway. It's like the producers wanted her to be the runaway popular character since they basically gave her all positive traits top down.
I dunno, I found Maki to be "just above the bottom tier" of the cast as far as the anime depiction went, she was like number 5 or 6 for me.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:45 pm Reply with quote
rookie_one wrote:
kotori in last place Sad

Nozomi placed last in every round before this, and Kotori placed higher.
soul.assassin

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
soul.assassin wrote:

(TL;DR)

Simply put, much of the Japanese anime and 2D idol fandom thinks the real-life group is too overrated for their tastes, which is why LL gets the preferential treatment at, um, Yaraon.

This franchise sold much like hotcakes also because unlike real-life idols, the fan has greater control as a "producer" on what he wants his chosen girl -- called "oshimen" -- to, say, wear a certain costume by vote.
Banjo

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:01 pm Reply with quote
as long as some Idol beats Hatsune in the end I'm gonna root for any Laughing
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:

So like...you didn't watch the show?

Anyway, Maki is amazing and thoroughly deserved this win. I hope she and Nico celebrated all night long (in bed)
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:28 pm Reply with quote
I need to finish watching this show. It was pretty cute and charming.

Quote:
Anyway, Maki is amazing and thoroughly deserved this win. I hope she and Nico celebrated all night long (in bed)

Sigh.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:

Sigh.

Dude Nico/Maki's pretty much the main Love Live ship. Go check Pixiv. And even the official art gets in on it.

Ranma824

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:26 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
rookie_one wrote:
kotori in last place Sad

Nozomi placed last in every round before this, and Kotori placed higher.

...and the girl who's my personal #1 gets no love Crying or Very sad

Actually wait, has Rin always placed that high? I guess the whole catgirl/shaking maracas bit works.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:17 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Actually wait, has Rin always placed that high? I guess the whole catgirl/shaking maracas bit works

As far as the anime is concerned, Rin was an outright unnecesary character, I was a bigger fan of the unnamed girls helping behind the scenes than of Rin.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1