Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gargantia's Salvager Bellows Gets Her Own Spinoff Manga




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Stark700



Joined: 30 Jan 2012
Posts: 11673
Location: Earth
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:58 am Reply with quote
Great news. She is one of my favorite characters from the series and deserves it :3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ultrabenosaurus



Joined: 31 May 2013
Posts: 3
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:05 am Reply with quote
Quote:
...plucked Ledo's Chamber from the ocean.

Quote:
Red arrives on one...

So which is it?

Though I am glad about this, I'll definitely be checking it out. So far it seems Bellows is the main character we know the least about, will be good to get some background on her.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phoenixalia



Joined: 20 Dec 2011
Posts: 1408
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:30 am Reply with quote
I'd love to read this. Bellows is such a cool character.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Marzan



Joined: 29 Mar 2009
Posts: 469
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:49 am Reply with quote
If it's the same character designer I'll check it out for sure. She's such a stunner as well as cool character.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mewpudding101
Industry Insider


Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 2091
Location: Tokyo, Japan
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:47 am Reply with quote
Well, she is the best character in the show. Much better than Amy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hpulley



Joined: 26 Sep 2012
Posts: 408
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:19 am Reply with quote
Was saying I hope this means Urobutcher doesn't kill her off but it's a prequel so anything can happen and the manga can go on...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DangerMouse



Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 3810
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:37 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Great news. She is one of my favorite characters from the series and deserves it :3


Agreed, she's awesome, would totally read this. Smile

Marzan wrote:
If it's the same character designer I'll check it out for sure. She's such a stunner as well as cool character.


Totally agree with this Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hpulley



Joined: 26 Sep 2012
Posts: 408
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:26 am Reply with quote
Ultrabenosaurus wrote:
Quote:
...plucked Ledo's Chamber from the ocean.

Quote:
Red arrives on one...

So which is it?

Though I am glad about this, I'll definitely be checking it out. So far it seems Bellows is the main character we know the least about, will be good to get some background on her.

It is officially Ledo on the Japanese website for the show.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vulcanraven01



Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Posts: 677
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:31 am Reply with quote
Cool.
Out of all the female characters, she is certainly the most appealing, yet seems to be relegated to a secondary character with Amy taking the main stage. Hopefully this manga can flesh her character out a bit more if it doesn't eventually happen in the anime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Keichitsu0305





PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:37 am Reply with quote
vulcanraven01 wrote:
Cool.
Out of all the female characters, she is certainly the most appealing, yet seems to be relegated to a secondary character with Amy taking the main stage. Hopefully this manga can flesh her character out a bit more if it doesn't eventually happen in the anime.

Same here. I had pictured her as a mentor figure to Ledo in terms of guidance or showing him the ways of the Gargantian culture. I'll check out this manga when it comes available.
Back to top
phoenixalia



Joined: 20 Dec 2011
Posts: 1408
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:46 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
Well, she is the best character in the show. Much better than Amy.


Amy is nothing compared to Bellows.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hamu



Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 62
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:54 am Reply with quote
Yay!! Bellows really deserves it, she's awesome!! ♥
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RestLessone



Joined: 02 Aug 2009
Posts: 1425
Location: New York
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Happy that I'm not the only one who prefers Bellows to Amy. Maybe it's partially due to Amy's voice and focus on Ledo. Bellows comes off as confident, with interests beyond that of Ledo.

That said, I don't feel like many of the characters are particularly developed. In my opinion, the pacing would work better for a 24 episode season rather than 12. (Not that I dislike the show or characters, of course.) I'm anticipating that the Gargantia manga will be brought over, so hopefully this will come too.

Keichitsu0305 wrote:

Same here. I had pictured her as a mentor figure to Ledo in terms of guidance or showing him the ways of the Gargantian culture. I'll check out this manga when it comes available.

I was guessing either her or Pinion, though neither seemed to have had a great impact on him. Actually, judging by the original Anime Spotlight, I was also wondering about the Joe character. But, well, we've only seen character-who-I-think-is-Joe a handful of times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group