• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Is there an anime conevention in Canada anytime soon?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Koji

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 6:40 am Reply with quote
Well I haven't been in an anime convention and im hopin there will be one in Toronto or near there. I dont have the money to go to the states to go to a convention. So anybody know when there will be a convention near Canada? New York and Detroit is fine because they are near the border, but Florida, no money.
Cassandra

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 9:09 am Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
isaacada1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 10:22 am Reply with quote
Anime North is in Toronto in May. There's other anime festivals across the great white north.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Aurora

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 8:50 pm Reply with quote
May 16 to 18th, Regal Constellation Hotel.

I wanted to go... but no.... no ride there or back. I can't drive yet Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
dragonlord

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 1:06 am Reply with quote
The only conventiosn in Toronto that i know of are the

AnimeNorth in May

CNanime in Aug
genestarwind

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:05 am Reply with quote
Aurora wrote:
May 16 to 18th, Regal Constellation Hotel.

I wanted to go... but no.... no ride there or back. I can't drive yet Very Happy

you can take the TTC there it drops you off in front of the hotel.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Sarcasm-hime
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 1:02 am Reply with quote
That's assuming that Aurora lives in the GTA, which isn't mentioned.

As for Anime North, we recently confirmed Hikaru Midorikawa (seiyuu for Heero Yui, Tamahome, Zelgadis, etc.) as a guest and are also getting the NA voice actors for all 5 pilots from Gundam Wing. ^_^
Aurora

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:01 pm Reply with quote
I don't even live in toronto! OR Mississauga OR scarborough, OR any of those places!!!! gawd, if I lived in toronto, I'd have the entire TTC memorized! (I only have the subways memorized...) I wish!!!!

Nope, I'm all the way down in London Ontario........... Go check a map. But its about 3 hours drive away from toronto.

BUT I'm negotiating to get a ride there with a few friends!!! *pleeeeeez, pleeez let me hitch a ride... I'll hide in the suitcase.....*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
poro poro

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 8:16 pm Reply with quote
In that case Aurora you should check out www.wfac.ca.

This is a local anime festival, running April 23 - 26 this year and 100 km closer than Toronto for you.
Aurora

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 8:27 pm Reply with quote
thanks! I doubt I'll go though.... I'm STILL negotiating for the ride to Anime North. Yes. Still!
Aurora

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:05 pm Reply with quote
I heard some stuff about AnimeNorth being cancelled or something because of SARS. If not, it will almost for certain have low attendance..... Is that true? I mean about being cancelled?
Cassandra

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:23 pm Reply with quote
No. It's not true. And they address it on their website:

http://www.animenorth.com/Main/parents.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1