Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tales of Symphonia's PS3 Remaster Shown in 1st Promo Video


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
rpgmaniac



Joined: 20 Jun 2013
Posts: 15
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:23 am Reply with quote
Another tales of.. game a lot of people wont play because it wont have dual audio, I hope bamco decide to change their tactics until that time come for their own good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
killa5k7



Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 14
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:29 am Reply with quote
Ah....I play for the battle system mainly. Voices are a little cheesy at times but I get over them quick. I look forward to playing both of these...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
everydaygamer



Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 558
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:33 am Reply with quote
rpgmaniac wrote:
Another tales of.. game a lot of people wont play because it wont have dual audio, I hope bamco decide to change their tactics until that time come for their own good.


lol English dub for tales games are fine. though this one might be a bit more hit or miss since its alot older then other tales games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kazemon15



Joined: 24 Mar 2007
Posts: 371
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:42 am Reply with quote
rpgmaniac wrote:
Another tales of.. game a lot of people wont play because it wont have dual audio, I hope bamco decide to change their tactics until that time come for their own good.


Funny you say that because the 500,000 people who bought the Gamecube version seemed to be able to play it just fine in English....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Rahxephon91



Joined: 08 Jun 2003
Posts: 1801
Location: Park Forest IL.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:47 am Reply with quote
rpgmaniac wrote:
Another tales of.. game a lot of people wont play because it wont have dual audio, I hope bamco decide to change their tactics until that time come for their own good.
Nope, whinny fans like that don't deserve anything. Be happy were getting the game in a timely matter. Or don't support it and hurt the sales. Yep, I'm sure that will help with Tales games coming here. Maybe they can start crying about how Tales of Xillia 3 or whatever is'nt announced for western release.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Blanchimont



Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Posts: 1840
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:04 am Reply with quote
Tales of Symphonia was the one sole reason, apart from the Skies of Arcadia port, why I once acquired the GameCube.
Loved the game.
(For Dreamcast the titles that persuaded me were Grandia 2, ...and original Skies of Arcadia)

The later console gens past ps2 pretty much faded into obliviousness for me, other interests and things picked up. But I have to agree remastered ToS 1&2 have some pretty strong persuasion powers... Perhaps finally time to give in, I suppose if I order it from US, an European ps3 will be able to play them?

Fun fact; I know exactly one place in the original ToS where one could peek under Colette's skirt in swimwear mode Laughing...


Last edited by Blanchimont on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sepherest



Joined: 06 May 2007
Posts: 564
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:34 am Reply with quote
I can't believe it's already been ten years since ToS came out...and that I still haven't bought a PS3 Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MorwenLaicoriel



Joined: 26 Feb 2006
Posts: 1610
Location: Colorado
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:58 am Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
rpgmaniac wrote:
Another tales of.. game a lot of people wont play because it wont have dual audio, I hope bamco decide to change their tactics until that time come for their own good.


lol English dub for tales games are fine. though this one might be a bit more hit or miss since its alot older then other tales games.


The original Gamecube dub for Tales of Symphonia is GREAT, IMO. It's actually what made me a fan of voice actors in general--I enjoyed it so much I looked up the actors for the first time ever, which lead me to realize how much I'd grown up with great voice actors like Jennifer Hale and Cam Clarke without thinking much about it.

The thing is, the original dub was a union dub that I believe was partially funded by Nintendo (they really, really wanted to bring some JRPGs over I think), so it had a lot of fairly well-known and loved voice actors that were credited for their work, including some actors that only do union stuff. AFAIK Namco's usual dubs for Tales games aren't union, so their actors tend to be uncredited, and I think only one voice actor has reprised his role in the various cameos TOS characters have gotten over the years. For example, the sequel on the Wii had new voice actors for the returning cast (sans the actor for Kratos, I'm pretty sure he returned).

With the added content from the PS2 version being included, I'm not holding my breath that they're going to keep the old dub. They're probably going to redub it, maybe with the cast from the sequel. And that's a disappointing thought for me since that dub is really nostalgic for me, buuuuuut, ah well. What can you do?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Ambimunch



Joined: 30 Aug 2012
Posts: 2005
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:13 pm Reply with quote
I approve of this! Its awesome the we're getting HD ports to ps3 of old tales games. Now I hope they give us Vesperia for the ps3 too~~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mee Deggi The Punisher



Joined: 27 Sep 2011
Posts: 51
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:40 pm Reply with quote
rpgmaniac wrote:
Another tales of.. game a lot of people wont play because it wont have dual audio, I hope bamco decide to change their tactics until that time come for their own good.


While dual audio is nice, I'd actually be kinda pissed if they don't get the original Gamecube English VA's back for any added scenes. Redubbing ToS2 would be great too, but I have a feeling I'm pushing it with that request.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Golden_Bear92



Joined: 20 Jun 2013
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Wait a minute. This is coming the PS3? I just heard about it not that long ago and heard that they were releasing it on the Wii U since they were both mainly Nintendo console games. Or does that mean it's only coming to Wii U in the US because they were Nintendo exclusive here? I would definitely get it on the PS3 if they release it for that here. I really want the first one again. I borrowed it from a friend years ago and I only own the second one on the Wii.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HitokiriShadow



Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 6251
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Golden_Bear92 wrote:
Wait a minute. This is coming the PS3? I just heard about it not that long ago and heard that they were releasing it on the Wii U since they were both mainly Nintendo console games. Or does that mean it's only coming to Wii U in the US because they were Nintendo exclusive here? I would definitely get it on the PS3 if they release it for that here. I really want the first one again. I borrowed it from a friend years ago and I only own the second one on the Wii.


It's not coming to the WiiU at all, it's only coming to the PS3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tomibiki



Joined: 08 Jul 2007
Posts: 813
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Meh, wake me up when they get around to shipping their entire catalog over here. When's Melphes?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mewpudding101
Industry Insider


Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 2037
Location: Tokyo, Japan
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Golden_Bear92 wrote:
Wait a minute. This is coming the PS3? I just heard about it not that long ago and heard that they were releasing it on the Wii U since they were both mainly Nintendo console games. Or does that mean it's only coming to Wii U in the US because they were Nintendo exclusive here? I would definitely get it on the PS3 if they release it for that here. I really want the first one again. I borrowed it from a friend years ago and I only own the second one on the Wii.


It's not coming to the WiiU. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how you ever got that idea. I mean, ANN has a very long detailed article about the announcement, and not one word says "WiiU" in it. What- how- ...sigh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanXL



Joined: 08 Jun 2010
Posts: 4036
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:58 pm Reply with quote
rpgmaniac wrote:
Another tales of.. game a lot of people wont play because it wont have dual audio, I hope bamco decide to change their tactics until that time come for their own good.


Just get an undub patch. It's a shame a lot of games don't let you choose Japanese voices, but they're readily available for a lot of games so there's no real excuse for not doing it yourself if you want them (And in some cases coughArkRiseFantasiaMetroidOtherMcough they're pretty much mandatory)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group