• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Short Peace Film's "A Farewell to Arms" Short Previewed in Promo

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Realistic looking
Ingraman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:09 pm Reply with quote
/me digs through comic boxes...

I thought so. Yeah, I do have the Epic Comics issue of "Katsuhiro Otomo's Farewell to Weapons" (US$2.25/C$2.70/£1.50), which was colorized, and published in April '92.

I don't remember the last time that I flipped through it (when I bought it when it came out, perhaps?). I'll look at it again tonight. ^^
Vracer111

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait to see Short Peace, especially "A Farewell to Arms", but I'm confused... I keep on seeing "collection of 4 short stories" mentioned but there are clearly 5 short stories listed and shown in the promotional videos...
Animerican14

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:06 am Reply with quote
Vracer111 wrote:
Can't wait to see Short Peace, especially "A Farewell to Arms", but I'm confused... I keep on seeing "collection of 4 short stories" mentioned but there are clearly 5 short stories listed and shown in the promotional videos...

Maybe one of those "five short stories" you saw in the promotional video is actually footage from the opening done by Koji Morimoto, aka the director of my favorite segment of Memories. That ought to be pretty neat.

I hope the innate quality is dispersed at least a bit better in Short Peace than in the already good Memories. I have fond memories (heheh) of that compilation, but it's mainly because of "Magnetic Rose;" aside from the awesomely unhinged animation in "Stink Bomb" and the uniqueness of visuals of "Cannon Fodder," these other two shorts were mostly little curiosities to me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GhostShell

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:38 am Reply with quote
Of the four "shorts' comprising Short Peace, A Farewell To Arms is the one that interested me the most. The realism portrayed in the animation brought back memories of the Patlabor movies, both of which I loved.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1