• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Namco Bandai Games Files 3 Tales of Trademarks

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadowsythe13

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:46 pm Reply with quote
cool new tales games any hope that america will get I know three those games might be as ps4 title, ps vita, 3ds, wiiu title
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Filing of the trademarks don't mean much. It could very well end up like Tales of Floweria and Tales of Blessia as well as a few other unused names from 2009. Though, there is speculation that Tales of Gracia became Tales of Graces.
shadowsythe13

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
Filing of the trademarks don't mean much. It could very well end up like Tales of Floweria and Tales of Blessia as well as a few other unused names from 2009. Though, there is speculation that Tales of Gracia became Tales of Graces.

which name you'll choose
SoraChanShadow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:19 am Reply with quote
shadowsythe13 wrote:
cool new tales games any hope that america will get I know three those games might be as ps4 title, ps vita, 3ds, wiiu title

I don't think it going to be on Wii U since every 3rd party companies avoid the thing like the plague. I hope I'm really wrong. 3DS has a better chance.
Asrialys

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:30 am Reply with quote
SoraChanShadow wrote:
I don't think it going to be on Wii U since every 3rd party companies avoid the thing like the plague. I hope I'm really wrong.

Well, you're technically are wrong. I know you're exaggerating to make a point, but there are a lot of third-party games on Wii U Razz

Anyway, who knows if we'll ever see a new, non-ported Tales game on a Nintendo system, even if Namco Bandai and Nintendo are working together on Super Smash Bros. The people behind Tales aim specifically for their established audience. And probably don't want to bother programming for two screens or outside of their environment. If they hadn't already planned it before announcing it for the Wii, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave up trying during Graces Wii development and decided to start working on the PS3 version. And then just half-heartedly finished Graces Wii because fans were already expecting it.
SoraChanShadow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:16 am Reply with quote
Asrialys wrote:

Well, you're technically are wrong. I know you're exaggerating to make a point, but there are a lot of third-party games on Wii U Razz

Anyway, who knows if we'll ever see a new, non-ported Tales game on a Nintendo system, even if Namco Bandai and Nintendo are working together on Super Smash Bros. The people behind Tales aim specifically for their established audience. And probably don't want to bother programming for two screens or outside of their environment. If they hadn't already planned it before announcing it for the Wii, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave up trying during Graces Wii development and decided to start working on the PS3 version. And then just half-heartedly finished Graces Wii because fans were already expecting it.

Oaky then I hope it will come to the Wii U too. It just that the 3rd party don't wanna make games for it because don't think it will sales and make profit. If it doesn't come I will buy a ps4 for the tales games. You know the whole situation with EA?
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:49 am Reply with quote
Asrialys wrote:
SoraChanShadow wrote:
I don't think it going to be on Wii U since every 3rd party companies avoid the thing like the plague. I hope I'm really wrong.

I was at best buy today. The Wii U has something along the lines of one shelf and under ten games for sale at a major retailer. It barely has any games period 3rd or 1st party. And I think its safe to say with the bombardment of PS3 stuff Tales probably won't show up on another nintendo console. Of course the 3ds sells well, so you could see another Tales on the 3ds handheld.

I imagine if rebirth ever makes it to the US we might get that on the 3ds or maybe even on the vita.
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:03 am Reply with quote
For the mothership titles, at least, Namco Bandai already said they're sticking with Sony and PS3. Unfortunately, if it's a mothership title, it probably won't come to the WiiU.

I could be wrong for the next console cycle though. I wouldn't mind being wrong on this one, since they're still bringing ports to Nintendo systems.

This is probably like what Kit-Tsukasa said, since they did it with Xillia as well (which also had the option of being called "Faithus" if memory serves)

Maybe a new mothership title will be announced at TGS?
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:18 am Reply with quote
For some reason I feel like they will be on Vita/PS3. Due to a recent interview with the creator, he stated that they sell best on PS3 and he prefers to wait until enough people have the PS4. But even if im wrong, a ps4 tales game would be epic
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1