• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Syfy's Heroes of Cosplay Show Previewed in Extended 1st Look

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malvarez1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Wake me up when SyFy brings back Ani-Monday.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:08 pm Reply with quote
wow. looks like actual GOOD cosplay. Where I live there's usually only 1 or 2 GOOD cosplays at a con
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Those guys are like pros; some get paid for it.
mgosdin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:12 pm Reply with quote
They were at the Megacon in Orlando back in Feb. We saw some of the filming, so this will be a definite watch.

Mark Gosdin
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:34 pm Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:
Wake me up when SyFy brings back Ani-Monday.

Why? So they can ruin it again?
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Well if your letting your rent slide for cosplay maybe you need help you cant stay warm if you living in a box
cecilbdemented

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:06 pm Reply with quote
I worked Planet Comi-Con in Kansas City. We were in a new location this year and dealing with that and them pushed all the personnel to the limits. A friend of mine was supposed to emcee the cosplay contest, but SyFy knocked him out for one of their own. Probably the worst part was that they practically swept the contest, preventing a lot of good local cosplayers from having a shot. Chloe Dykstra's one of the people on the show and she did some stuff there for Nerdist. She was pretty pretentious, asking local cosplayers stuf like "OMG how do u cosplay in the middle of nowhere?" She didn't even get if she was in Kansas or Missouri. This series is totally a one-and-done. I'll have to watch it just to make sure they don't spin the cons.
Yoda117

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:45 pm Reply with quote
cecilbdemented wrote:
I worked Planet Comi-Con in Kansas City. We were in a new location this year and dealing with that and them pushed all the personnel to the limits. A friend of mine was supposed to emcee the cosplay contest, but SyFy knocked him out for one of their own. Probably the worst part was that they practically swept the contest, preventing a lot of good local cosplayers from having a shot. Chloe Dykstra's one of the people on the show and she did some stuff there for Nerdist. She was pretty pretentious, asking local cosplayers stuf like "OMG how do u cosplay in the middle of nowhere?" She didn't even get if she was in Kansas or Missouri. This series is totally a one-and-done. I'll have to watch it just to make sure they don't spin the cons.

I'd like to say that I'm surprised by this, but welcome to the world of "reality TV". More to the point, welcome to SyFy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1