• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Moé Tournament: Nana has won!!!

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:30 am Reply with quote
The next Groups are up:

Edited 34 times. lol.

The results for Group A and B round 1 are:

Group A1:
Aria: 4
Misora Tsukishima: 1
Rico: 9 *wins*

Group A2:
Ana Coppola: 7 *wins*
Fuuko Kuzuha: 4
Tomoyo Daidouji: 3

Group A3:
Futaba Kutsuki: 0
Rebecca Miyamoto: 10 *wins*
Akari Kamigishi: 4

Group A4:
Suigintou: 4
Moe: 8 *wins*
Rinrin: 2

Group A5:
Arcueid Brunestud: 0
Rei Mii: 6
Souseiseki: 8 *wins*

Group A6:
Solty Revant: 6 *wins*
Akari Mizunashi: 2
Kururu: 6 *wins*

Group A7:
Yurie Hitotsubashi: 4
Nanao Ise: 2
Minagi Tohno: 8 *wins*

Group A8:
Hinaichigo: 7 *wins*
Athena: 2
Honoka Sakurai: 5

Group B1:
Midori Chitose: 1
Yuuko Harada: 3
Sakura Kinomoto: 10 *wins*

Group B2:
Koi Chigusa: 3
Akane Higurashi: 2
Chiyo Mihama: 9 *wins*

Group B3:
Kokoro Tokunaga: 5
Ichika Tachibana: 7 *wins*
Kaya:1

Group B4:
Mamimi Samejima: 6
Iris Chateaubriand: 1
Hatsumi Azuma: 7 *wins*

Group B5:
Chiriri: 4
Mitsuki Sawatari: 5 *wins*
Mint Blancmanche: 5 *wins*

Group B6:
Mii: 3
Miharu Amakase: 0
Kisa Sohma: 11 *wins*

Group B7:
Sara Shirogane: 2
Minawa Ando: 5
Yuzuyu: 7 *wins*

Group B8:
Chochomaru Sahara: 5
Satsuki Yumizuka: 0
Midori Kasugano: 9 *wins*

Last edited by PantsGoblin on Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:48 pm; edited 34 times in total
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:17 am Reply with quote
My votes are as follows:

Group A-1:

Character design is such an important part of the moe image. In this group, I think I have to say that Aria takes the prize for instantly moe character design.

Aria from Sister Princess series

Group A-2:

IMM-SE is a very underrated romance, and Kuzuha Fuuko is a totally charming character, the classical doji ("clumsy") girl. Although I admit that Ana Coppola is a strong contender, I'll have to pick Fuuko here.

Fuuko Kuzuha from Strawberry Eggs
(Please note correct spelling: Fuuko)

Group A-3:

Not a group where I have strong feelings either way. Although she isn't, in my opinion, all that moe, I'll have to go with Rebecca Miyamoto in this one - for lack of a better choice.

Rebecca Miyamoto from Pani Poni Dash!

Group A-4:

No doubts at all in this group. A very strong contender - and one of my tips for the finals - is Suigintou. Although she's one of the rare villains on the list, she qualifies as moe because of her tragic circumstances. Who can help but feel sorrowful and protective for a spoiler[broken doll]?

Suigintou (info) from Rozen Maiden

Group A-5:

I can't really see Arcueid as moe, and I'm not really partial to Rei Mii. As I mentioned in the other thread, I find tomboys adorable, so my pick is Souseiseki.

Souseiseki (info) from Rozen Maiden

Group A-6:

A bit of a tricky choice. I like Kururu very much, and Akari is pretty moe, too - but Solty Revant has to be my choice. For me, I think it's the voice that does it.... Solty's seiyuu, newcomer Momoko Saito, has a voice that oozes moe.

Solty Revant from Solty Rei

Group A-7:

This one was dreadfully difficult - all three characters were favourites of mine. I would have loved to have had all three of them in the final, but alas, it was not to be. Sad Sorry, Nanao-chan, Tohno-san... I picked Yurie-sama.

Yurie Hitotsubashi (info) from Kamichu!

Group A-8:

Hina Ichigo is very moe, and all the characters from Aria are made for moe, but my pick in this group has to be Honoka Sakurai. She completely steals the show in Suzuka - never mind that the anime is named for the female lead.

Honoka Sakurai (third one) [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuka_(manga)](info)[/url] from Suzuka

Group B-1:

Not really a group that contained any strong contenders, in my opinion - I guess my choice was more by default than by preference: Yuuko Harada.

Yuuko Harada (info) from Whisper of the Heart

Group B-2:

This was another hard group to pick. Koi Chigusa comes from Futakoi, which is more or less Downtown Moe City. And Akane is another character from an intensely moe-laden series, Mai-HiME. Even so, I'll have to pick Chiyo Mihama. She'd be my choice for little sister, given a choice. Besides, she has a nice dog, and her dad's a cat. How can you argue with that?

Chiyo Mihama (info) from Azumanga Daioh

Group B-3:

No doubts on this one. Kokoro Tokunaga makes me want to protect her and comfort her. That's moe, right there.

Kokoro Tokunaga (info) from Aishiteruze Baby
(Please note correct spelling: Tokunaga)

Group B-4:

This one was a hard pick - I wavered between Hatsumi and Mamimi, until I decided that Mamimi was somehow just a smidgeon more moe.

Mamimi Samejima from FLCL
(Please note correct spelling: Mamimi)

Group B-5:

Another difficult choice. Mint Blancmanche is dreadfully cute, like all the Angel-Tai. But given the chance to pick Chiriri, I'll have to accept that Mint loses out.

Chiriri (third one) (info) from Bottle Fairy

Group B-6:

No doubts on this one. One of my three favourite Sohmas, Kisa is just so incredibly sweet and shy and vulnerable, and, well... moe.

Kisa Sohma from Fruits Basket

Group B-7:

Minawa Ando and Sara Shirogane are both dynamic yet vulnerable characters, completely moe. In any other match-up, they'd be hard to beat. But when matched against the cuteness and moe of Yuzuyu, they come in second place.

Yuzuyu (info) from Aishiteruze Baby

Group B-8:

I'd have loved to have picked Midori for this one - but I think I'll have to prefer Chochomaru. All her toughness is surface veneer across a very vulnerable heart. How much more moe can you get?

Chochomaru Sahara from PetoPeto-san

All in all, some hard choices to make. Then again, some of the groups were dead easy - one strong contender (a might-have-been seed) and some also-rans.

- abunai

EDITED to expand on my choices.

Last edited by abunai on Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:50 am Reply with quote
Shocked

That's one helluva long list there! Well, here's mine:

Group A-1:
Misora Tsukishima (info) from Mao-chan

Group A-2:
Tomoyo Daidouji (second character on the second row) (info) from Cardcaptor Sakura

Group A-3:

Group A-4:
Rinrin from Sister Princess

Group A-5:
Rei Mii (third one down) from Zoids Genesis

Group A-6:
Akari Mizunashi (first one) [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARIA_(manga)](info)[/url] from Aria

Group A-7:

Group A-8:
Hinaichigo (info) from Rozen Maiden

Group B-1:
Sakura Kinomoto from Cardcaptor Sakura

Group B-2:
Koi Chigusa from Futakoi

Group B-3:
Ichika Tachibana (info) from Uta-Kata

Group B-4:
Hatsumi Azuma (info) from Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito

Group B-5:
Mitsuki Sawatari (info) from He is my Master

Group B-6:

Group B-7:
Minawa Ando (info) from Mahoromatic: Something More Beautiful

Group B-8:
Midori Kasugano (info) from Midori Days

I seriously commend you guys for putting the effort on organizing this (especially on the links). Kudos!
SekiGatha

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Group A-1:
You can't go wrong with a cute girl with a umbrella.

Group A-2:
Fuko Kuzuha from Strawberry Eggs
I have heard the show is actually pretty good and I rather pick her than have Cardcaptor Sakura dominate this tournament.

Group A-3:
Akari Kamigishi (info) from To Heart
The other two are okay, but I rather cheer Akari on. Girl next door characters are just easy to be swayed by.

Group A-4:
Not a huge fan for Love Hina but that episode wasn't anything really beneficial. The better of two Sister Princess characters is in so I pick the last choice.

Group A-5:
Rei Mii (third one down) from Zoids Genesis
The previous Zoids series were entertaining. Her character seems very similar to Feena from the first series, and she was very interesting.

Group A-6:
Bottle Fairy seems too cutest. I haven't heard much of Aria so I decided to avoid her.

Group A-7:
Nanao Ise (info) from Bleach
Air= Full of it. I'm always a fan of Bleach.

Group A-8:
Honoka Sakurai (third one) [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuka_(manga)](info)[/url] from Suzuka
The wild card for me since I don't much of them all so I just picked the one most interesting.

Group B-1:
Midori Chitose (info) from Green Green
My dark horse. Sakura is popular but I'm tired of some old franchises continuing far after their peak of popularity. A Ghibli character furthers divides this group, but I like tomboy characters.

Group B-2:
Akane Higurashi (info) from Mai-Hime
Chiyo may be cute, but she wouldn't even survive the same tragedies that came to Akane.

Group B-3:
Kokoro Takunaga (info) from Aishiteruze Baby
More interesting and better than the rest.

Group B-4:
Mimimi Samejima from FLCL
A troubled soul living in a troubled environment.

Group B-5:
Mint Blancmanche (third one down) (info) from Galaxy Angel
The other two hardly stand a chance to this cute girl.

Group B-6:
Pretty much comes down to the show. Fruits Basket is actually a good show with interesting characters. The other two, pure boredom.

Group B-7:
A good example for the term moe.

Group B-8:
Nothing says protection and love than keeping your girl-for-a-right hand from danger.

Last edited by SekiGatha on Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
angel_lover

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:47 pm Reply with quote
I vote for:

Group A-1:
Rico from Gunslinger Girl. Loli with a 壊れた人形 twist - no contest, even without the guns.

Group A-2:
Ana Coppola from Ichigo Mashimaro. A much more difficult group for me, as I'm not familiar with any of the candidates. I just had to go on gut feel, and my lifelong obsession with the erotic potential of strawberries Anime smallmouth

Group A-3:
Rebecca Miyamoto from Pani Poni Dash!. Futaba and Akari are OK, but if only Rebecca got as many votes as her IQ I'm sure she'd win this round easily.

Group A-4:
Moe from Love Hina. This was a real heartbreaker, but I thought about my own 壊れた人形 and I knew it just had to be Moe.

Group A-5:
Souseiseki from Rozen Maiden. I know I voted for her denomination as a seed, but then spoiler[I saw her in a dress at Micchan's house]

Group A-6:
Solty Revant from Solty Rei. Another no contest for me - doll/robot beats human and fairy (a bit like Janken, maybe).

Group A-7:
Minagi Tohno from Air. I know Air, but not the other two, so the Air character got the benefit of the doubt and my vote.

Group A-8:
Hinaichigo from Rozen Maiden. Again, doll/robot beats human, plus the strawberry factor too.

Group B-1:
Sakura Kinomoto from Cardcaptor Sakura. Yet another no contest - was this the face that launched a thousand doujinshi? Not to mention the body...

Group B-2:
Chiyo Mihama from Azumanga Daioh. I know Chiyo-chan isn't always regarded as moe, but she certainly brings out the right feelings in me (for once) and so gets my vote.

Group B-3:
Ichika Tachibana from Uta-Kata. Ichika, oh Ichika, who could forget all those wonderful costumes, especially the one for 風 (forgive me, Manatsu)

Group B-4:
Hatsumi Azuma from Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito. I originally voted for Mamimi, but I felt uneasy about that as she seemed too old in some ways to be moe, and she smoked too. So it was betweem Hatsumi and Iris, but when was a joint of beef ever moe?

Group B-5:
Mitsuki Sawatari from He is my Master. Normally, angels would win, but the thought of those poor girls at the mercy of their perverted master is surely enough to bring out anyone's protective instincts.

Group B-6:
Mii from Popotan. Another no contest, (sings) "Mii, Mii, Mii, help me..."

Group B-7:
Minawa Ando from Mahoromatic: Something More Beautiful. I've said this before, robots beat anything, especially loli robots, OK?

Group B-8:
Midori Kasugano from Midori Days. Midori just had to win this one after what she went through Anime catgrin + sweatdrop

[Edited as per dormcat's suggestion]

Last edited by angel_lover on Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Depression

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Group A-1:

Group A-2:
Tomoyo Daidouji (second character on the second row) (info) from Cardcaptor Sakura

Group A-3:

Group A-4:

Group A-5:

Group A-6:
Kururu (first one) (info) from Bottle Fairy

Group A-7:
Minagi Tohno [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIR_(game)](info)[/url] from Air

Group A-8:

Group B-1:

Group B-2:

Group B-3:

Group B-4:

Group B-5:
Mint Blancmanche (third one down) (info) from Galaxy Angel

Group B-6:

Group B-7:

Group B-8:

Group A-4 was the hardest. And awesome job putting this all together with the links and everythings.

Last edited by Depression on Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Mmm, how about including the two grouping charts in your thread opener, PG? I have to bow 90-degrees to thank you for finding links and intros for each and every character listed. Many thanks.

Guys, I know the tournament has a list-like nature, but at least give a few words for why you voted a specific character. Your words could be very persuasive and might even echo other potential voters to change their votes.

Group A-1:
Misora is very independent, so she's out. Aria is weak and cute to look at, but her voice (by Nana Mizuki) was very annoying, and I just can't forget that voice. Like I said in seeds nomination, I kinda love those poor girls who have heavy burdens on their shoulders, plus I'm a gun freak, so my vote goes to Rico (info) from Gunslinger Girl

Group A-2:
Haven't seen Strawberry Eggs. Tomoyo is...too "old" for this tournament, IMNSHO. Ana Coppola (info) from Ichigo Mashimaro wins my vote.
Why do I keep receiving Matsuri's capsule?! I've got four Matsuri! All I need is one Ana!

Group A-3:
Haven't seen Green Green. Although Akari is the legendary founder of osananajimi, she's not as moe as Rebecca Miyamoto from Pani Poni Dash!

Group A-4:
Moe (info) from Love Hina. Her name speaks it all. Plus I never think Suigintou is moe; it's reserved for good girls.

Group A-5:
Arcueid is only moe when she enters nekomimi mode, especially in doujinshi. Souseiseki (info) from Rozen Maiden wins, especially when I saw her in spoiler[pink skirts].

Group A-6:
Akari Mizunashi (first one) [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARIA_(manga)](info)[/url] from Aria has "clumsy girl" written all over her.

Group A-7:
Haven't seen Bleach; Nanao doesn't look like very moe to me either. Although I love all Air girls, Minagi is the most mature and independent of the 3+1 girls (of player's interest). Yurie-sama's embarrassment expression is just adorable. Yurie Hitotsubashi (info) from Kamichu!

Group A-8:
Haven't seen Suzuka. Hinaichigo is more like a brat. My vote goes to
Athena (sixth one down) [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARIA_(manga)](info)[/url] from Aria, although she's a bit too old and independent. The major moe-ness of her is her quietness and (occassional) airhead.

Group B-1:
Yuuko Harada (info) from Whisper of the Heart for her shyness.

Group B-2:
Hmm, I'm only familiar of Chiyo-chan, yet she does not fit my standard of moe. I only know that most Futakoi girls were created to lure males, so my vote goes to Koi Chigusa from Futakoi

Group B-3:
Although I'd love Kaya to be my step sister, her appearence was too brief. Kokoro Takunaga (info) from Aishiteruze Baby needs me to provide her family warmth.

Group B-4:
Hatsumi Azuma (info) from Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito. Who can resist a beautiful, mysterious, but spoiler[muted] girl?

Group B-5:
Mint Blancmanche (third one down) (info) from Galaxy Angel. Nekomimi loli. Period.
She's 16? I though she's about the same age as Vanilla H.

Group B-6:
Kisa Sohma from Fruits Basket. Another poor cat (em, tiger) girl.

Group B-7:
Wow, this group is competitive. However, Yuzuyu (info) from Aishiteruze Baby is the most adorable character I've ever seen in all manga/anime I've read/watched.

Group B-8:
Chochomaru Sahara from PetoPeto-san. I love her pretending to be a snobbish badass, yet she just isn't that kind of a person.

angel_lover wrote:
A-4 was a real heartbreaker for me, but I thought about my own 壊れた人形 and I knew it just had to be Moe.

Hmm, I didn't notice there are two contestants with so similar traits in the first round until you mentioned it. Anime smile + sweatdrop
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Jgobats81886

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Group A-1:
Rico from Gunslinger Girl

Group A-2:
Fuuko Kuzuha from Strawberry Eggs

Group A-3:
Akari Kamigishi from To Heart

Group A-4:
Moe from Love Hina

Group A-5:
Souseiseki from Rozen Maiden

Group A-6:

Group A-7:
Nanao Ise from Bleach

Group A-8:
Athena from Aria

Oh my god, this is hard. Ok, lets do the next group...

Group B-1:

Group B-2:
Koi Chigusa from Futakoi

Group B-3:
Kaya from Princess Mononoke

Group B-4:
Mamimi Samejima from FLCL

Group B-5:
Chiriri from Bottle Fairy

Group B-6:

Group B-7:
Sara Shirogane from Futakoi

Group B-8:
Chochomaru Sahara from PetoPeto-san

*taking alot of asprin, cause now my head hurts*
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for voting everyone! I've gotten more than expected so keep it up!

Group A-1:
Rico (info) from Gunslinger Girl. I was going to vote for Misora at first, but after reading Rico's decription I had to vote for her.

Group A-2:
Ana Coppola (info) from Ichigo Mashimaro. I like Tomoyo, she's just not very moe IMO.

Group A-3:
Rebecca Miyamoto from Pani Poni Dash!. I almost voted for Akari.

Group A-4:
Moe (info) from Love Hina. It says it in the name.

Group A-5:
Rei Mii (third one down) from Zoids Genesis. I haven't seen any of these but Arcueid didn't look moe at all and Souseiseki, um, looked wierd. Rei looked extremely cute.

Group A-6:
Kururu (first one) (info) from Bottle Fairy. I'm sorry Solty. Those dang bottle fairies are just too cute.

Group A-7:
Minagi Tohno [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIR_(game)](info)[/url] from Air. Nanao didn't look moe. I almost picked Yurie, but there's something about Minagi I just like.

Group A-8:
Hinaichigo (info) from Rozen Maiden. I haven't seen any of these. It was between Hinaichigo and Honoka. I like pink.

Group B-1:
Sakura Kinomoto from Cardcaptor Sakura. This was no contest for me.

Group B-2:
Chiyo Mihama (info) from Azumanga Daioh.

Group B-3:
Ichika Tachibana (info) from Uta-Kata.

Group B-4:
Mamimi Samejima from FLCL. It was pretty close between her and Hatsumi.

Group B-5:
Mint Blancmanche (third one down) (info) from Galaxy Angel. This one was actually probably the hardest one for me. I'm not being sarcastic either. I think Mint's a bit of a stuck up b*tch. She's still cute all the same though.

Group B-6:
Mii (info) from Popotan. Dammit, Mii. Why'd you have to get placed with a character from Fruits Basket?

Group B-7:
Yuzuyu (info) from Aishiteruze Baby. I'm sorry, I haven't seen any of these, but Yuzuyu's uber cuteness level is through the roof.

Group B-8:
Chochomaru Sahara from PetoPeto-san.
Samurai CDZ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Group A-1:
Rico (info) from Gunslinger Girl

Group A-2:
Ana Coppola (info) from Ichigo Mashimaro

Group A-3:

Group A-4:

Group A-5:
Souseiseki (info) from Rozen Maiden - toughest section, I wanted to go with Rei, but I just couldn't

Group A-6:

Group A-7:
Minagi Tohno [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIR_(game)](info)[/url] from Air

Group A-8:

Group B-1:

Group B-2:

Group B-3:
Kokoro Tokunaga (info) from Aishiteruze Baby

Group B-4:
Iris Chateaubriand from Sakura Wars - only cause there isn't a "none of the above" choice

Group B-5:
Mint Blancmanche (third one down) (info) from Galaxy Angel - It's the ears. Plus, chibi mode!

Group B-6:

Group B-7:

Group B-8:

Why? Well, there wasn't much competiton, either I didn't know the challengers, didn't like the challengers, or didn't consider them moe enough. All-in-all, pretty easy groupings for me, so far.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:13 am Reply with quote
Group A-1:
Has to be
As I've not seen Mao and Rico is a little scary for a moe candidate ^^;

Group A-2:
Much as I love Tomoyo, I can't help but vote for
Ana Coppola from Ichigo Mashimaro

Group A-3:
Wins hands down, especially as I'm not familiar with the others.

Group A-4:
Tricky one this as I don't consider Sugintou moe, Rinrin is a bit too tomboyish but I've never seen Love Hina. In the end it has to come down to the name so
Moe from Love Hina

Group A-5:
I feel Arcueid is too old and the whole crossdressing thing with Souseiseki is offputting so, although I've not seen the series I'm going with
Rei Mii from Zoids Genesis
(I don't remember there being any cuties with the toys.. just little golden men)

Group A-6:
Ooh, tricky one... but Chiriri is the moe-est of the fairies so I'll go for Solty
even if she is technically more than capable of looking after herself.

Group A-7:
Nanao is too old.. while Yurie is cute and all I onlt ever watched one ep of Kamichu and I do adore Air so while she's not my favoyrite from the series I'll pick
Minagi Tohno from Air

Group A-8:
Hinaichigo from Rozen Maiden
wins hands down, especially as I'm not familiar with the others.

Group B-1:
has no competition whatsoever

Group B-2:
Well the meganekkos are some of my least favourite twins and Akane just isn't my type.. but it's not like
Chiyo Mihama from Azumanga Daioh
really had any change of losing anyway Smile

Group B-3:
Just has to be
Ichika Tachibana from Uta-Kata

Group B-4:
Ouch, three I don't know and a bunch of cuties too... think I'll have to go for
Hatsumi Azuma from Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito

Group B-5:
And here she is, but amongst staunch opposition... I'll ley Mitsuki go on the grounds of her being evil and, though it's tough, I think I'll choose
Chiriri from Bottle Fairy
after all.

Group B-6:
Hmm.. not got that far into furuba and, while Miharu can be adorably dumb the loli nympho
Mii from Popotan
edges into the lead

Group B-7:
Tricky.. Yuzuyu and Minawa get a head start since they are both essentially adopted, but I never really took to Minawa and I'm not really fond of Yuzuyu's design but I also prefer the other Shirogane twin... I think I'm still going to choose
Sara Shirogane from Futakoi

Group B-8:
I think
Midori Kasugano from Midori Days
wins pretty much hands down, the chibi version at any rate.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Gauss

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:45 am Reply with quote
Group A-1:
Rico (info) from Gunslinger Girl
Chosen mainly because Rico was the least unappealing among the A-1 choices. And the whole concept behind the gunslinger girls is pretty moe-spiring

Group A-2:
Ana Coppola (info) from Ichigo Mashimaro
Perhaps not the cutest strawberry marshmallow but still packing more moe than the rest in this group

Group A-3:
Akari Kamigishi (info) from To Heart
Chosen purely on grounds of looking somewhat moe (unlike the others in this group).

Group A-4:
Moe (info) from Love Hina
Poor choices in this group. Picked merely for having a name worthy of the contest.

Group A-5:
Rei gives some tough competition but Souseiseki squeezes ahead (and Arcueid looks like a mom, not a moe).

Group A-6:
Akari might be a bit klutzy and comes from a lovely series, but she's too mature. No, the bottle fairy takes it.

Group A-7:
That helplessly half-raised tired arm clinches it for Yurie. BTW was the nomination of Nanao a joke?

Group A-8:
Honoka Sakurai (third one) (info) from Suzuka
This was a tough group. But I think Honoka is adorable enough to edge ahead.

Group B-1:
Yuuko Harada (info) from Whisper of the Heart
Ooooh, Yuuuuko! Certainly looks very moe in that pic. BTW what's up with the nominations for genki girls from Green Green?

Group B-2:
Nearly succumbed to the temptation to vote for twins but couldn't leave Chiyo in the lurch.

Group B-3:
Who the heck was I supposed to vote for? Dice say number 2 among a bunch of non-moe choices. Is it possible not to vote?

Group B-4:
Ok field of contestants. Choice fell on Hatsumi

Group B-5:
Chiriri (third one) (info) from Bottle Fairy
The bottle fairies are on a roll!

Group B-6:
Kisa is pretty much lengths ahead of the competition in this group.

Group B-7:
To be honest, Yuzuyu looks a bit freakish in the anime. However, she is so incredibly adorable in the manga.

Group B-8:
Oh well, I guess I like dolls in anime.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:34 am Reply with quote
I don't like bumping threads, but we've got only 11 voters after more than three days? This is sad. Anime cry
Katratzi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:53 pm Reply with quote
This looks like an interesting tournament.

Group A-1

Rico from Gunslinger Girl because she was born with a birth defect and that in itself warrets protecting.

Group A-2

Tomoyo Daidouji from Cardcaptor Sakura. I choose her because she is the only character I recognize from this group.

Group A-3

Rebecca Miyamoto from Pani Poni Dash. The description says she reverts to a childish state when frightened, that sounds pretty moe to me.

Group A-4

Moe from Love Hina. She is a doll with broken legs sounds like she needs protecting.

Group A-5

Souseiseki from Rozen Maiden. Her sister seems to want to protect her several times during the series.

Group A-6

Kururu from Bottle Fairy because she is hyperactive.

Group A-7

Minagi Tohno for Air. The only character I'm familiar with is Nanao and I dont see her as a moe. The description for Minagi Tohno sounds moe enough for me.

Group A-8

Hinaichigo from Rozen Maiden. She's hyperactive and needs protecting.

Group B-1

Group B-2

Chiyo Mihama from Azumanga Daioh. She is younger than everyone else in her class and is cute looking.

Group B-3

Kaya from Princess Mononoke. If I'm remebering the right character, its been a while seen I've seen Mononoke, then she seems moe like to me.

Group B-4

Hatsumi Azuma from Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito After reading the description on the new link, she seems the most moe in this group.

Group B-5

Mitsuki Sawatari from He is my Master because she is a girl with rabbit ear like apendages.

Group B-6

Kisa Sohma from Fruits Basket, hands down no contest, she either needs protection from Tohru or Hiro.

Group B-7

Yuzuyu from Aisheruze Baby. I'm not familiar with any of these characters but her picture looks the cutest.

Group B-8

Midori Kasugona from Midori Days. Huh, she's on his right hand. That defiantly qualifies from protection.

Wow that took longer than I thought it would.

Edit: I changed my answer for Group B-4.

Last edited by Katratzi on Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gauss

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:04 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
I don't like bumping threads, but we've got only 11 voters after more than three days? This is sad. Anime cry

I don't know, perhaps the rule about registering confused people?
In case somebody wants clarification: All it means is that you have to be registered for the ANN forums before November 23. No actual registration is required for taking part in this competition.

Or perhaps it's just that at this stage many of the characters are not famous enough? People might simply feel they can't make an informed decision... Hey y'all, if the names're unfamiliar, just click the picture links and vote on whoever looks the most moe.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 30