Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Masaaki Yuasa & I.G's 'Kick-Heart' Runs on Toonami Tonight


Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
RyanSaotome



Joined: 29 Mar 2011
Posts: 4210
Location: Towson, Maryland
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Now thats a surprise. Was it even dubbed?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Hypeathon



Joined: 12 Aug 2010
Posts: 1173
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:58 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Now thats a surprise. Was it even dubbed?

Yeah, it reached its dub goal back in October. Richard Epcar directed the dub I believe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hagaren Viper



Joined: 28 Apr 2011
Posts: 539
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Well now that's interesting, this doesn't seem like the kind of thing I would buy, but I'll definitely DVR it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
walw6pK4Alo



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 9295
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:14 am Reply with quote
Hagaren Viper wrote:
Well now that's interesting, this doesn't seem like the kind of thing I would buy, but I'll definitely DVR it.


It'd be worth owning as part of an anthology, where you go "Well, that was interesting, what's next?" Playing on TV will be some great exposure for something so small.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
v1cious



Joined: 31 Dec 2002
Posts: 5912
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:40 am Reply with quote
Wow, what a surpise. I guess I am gonna finish this now. I guess that's why it's labeled "Surprise!" on the tv guide. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Kougeru



Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 4348
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:50 am Reply with quote
Lame. -_-. I missed Eva by an hour so I turned the TV off. Really dumb of them. Less viewers im sure because of it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
RogueJedi86



Joined: 18 Aug 2006
Posts: 501
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:29 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Lame. -_-. I missed Eva by an hour so I turned the TV off. Really dumb of them. Less viewers im sure because of it


The Toonami block hasn't done reruns since it came back a year and a half ago. What are you complaining about?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kougeru



Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 4348
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:34 am Reply with quote
RogueJedi86 wrote:
Kougeru wrote:
Lame. -_-. I missed Eva by an hour so I turned the TV off. Really dumb of them. Less viewers im sure because of it


The Toonami block hasn't done reruns since it came back a year and a half ago. What are you complaining about?


Uh, the topic? I didn't stick around to watch Kick-Heart because it wasn't advertised. If it was advertised AFTER Eva, I would've watched it. Didn't look so good to me to begin with , plot sounded dumb but I like IG and trust their ability to make dumb-sounding plots actually good. My point is, they only hurt themselves by making this a surprise. I know I'm not the only one who missed it because of that. Not to mention the many people who work Sundays and had to set DVRs for EVA and didn't know to set for Kick-Heart.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 9295
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:37 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Uh, the topic? I didn't stick around to watch Kick-Heart because it wasn't advertised. If it was advertised AFTER Eva, I would've watched it. Didn't look so good to me to begin with , plot sounded dumb but I like IG and trust their ability to make dumb-sounding plots actually good. My point is, they only hurt themselves by making this a surprise. I know I'm not the only one who missed it because of that. Not to mention the many people who work Sundays and had to set DVRs for EVA and didn't know to set for Kick-Heart.


You posted first at 12:50, and this response was at 1:34, according to ANN time, and that's four minutes after Kick-Heart was to begin airing. You could have went back and turned your TV on in the 40 minute time interval. It's airing as I type this very message, right now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RogueJedi86



Joined: 18 Aug 2006
Posts: 501
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:45 am Reply with quote
And it reruns in an hour too!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tangytangerine



Joined: 28 Feb 2010
Posts: 429
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:48 am Reply with quote
Just finished watching it. Really felt like it was something like kinda belonged on the Adult Swim block with the way the show is presented.

Kougeru wrote:
Lame. -_-. I missed Eva by an hour so I turned the TV off. Really dumb of them. Less viewers im sure because of it


Technically, you can catch it again. As some services like DirecTV offer the west coast feed too. So if you missed it at midnight, you can watch it again 3:00am due to the west coast feed airing starting at that time.


Last edited by tangytangerine on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Adamb15



Joined: 10 Jan 2012
Posts: 112
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:49 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Kougeru wrote:
Uh, the topic? I didn't stick around to watch Kick-Heart because it wasn't advertised. If it was advertised AFTER Eva, I would've watched it. Didn't look so good to me to begin with , plot sounded dumb but I like IG and trust their ability to make dumb-sounding plots actually good. My point is, they only hurt themselves by making this a surprise. I know I'm not the only one who missed it because of that. Not to mention the many people who work Sundays and had to set DVRs for EVA and didn't know to set for Kick-Heart.


You posted first at 12:50, and this response was at 1:34, according to ANN time, and that's four minutes after Kick-Heart was to begin airing. You could have went back and turned your TV on in the 40 minute time interval. It's airing as I type this very message, right now.


Sounds like they just want something to cry about. Their point is dumb too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tenchi



Joined: 03 Jan 2002
Posts: 4256
Location: Ottawa... now I'm an ex-Anglo Montrealer.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:56 am Reply with quote
I don't get CN/AS/Toonami but, coincidentally, I saw Kick-Heart for the first time on Saturday and I must say... eh, I'm completely underwhelmed. While I will concede that it's very well-animated, I just found the art style ugly and grotesque, and the story wasn't anything special. At least it was short, I doubt I'd have had the patience for it had it run longer than 12 minutes.

Given the choice between well-animated but grotesque and stiffly-animated but moé cute, I'll take the moé every time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TheGameNinja



Joined: 07 Nov 2010
Posts: 91
Location: Alabama
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:57 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Lame. -_-. I missed Eva by an hour so I turned the TV off. Really dumb of them. Less viewers im sure because of it


They had said there was going to be a surprise after Eva though. Even if you didn't want to keep watching Eva, you could have turned the tv back on just to see what that was.

Also, it's running again after Big O.


Last edited by TheGameNinja on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
penguintruth



Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 7815
Location: Penguinopolis
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:58 am Reply with quote
It was sort of a fun little romp, but nothing special. Certainly not worth all the getting worked up about people did.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group