• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Guys, I encountered an error: OC

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Riyousha

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:14 pm Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:42 pm Reply with quote
NARUTO!?

Um...it's rated "Older Children" because it IS an "older children's" show. It's pre-teen ninjas going on adventures where they learn about friendship, sharing, and playing nice. Hell it was aired in children's afternoon timeslots in Japan. Nevermind the fact that it's a Shounen Jump series; Shounen Jump being...a young boys' (like roughly 6-14) manga anthology.

Really, this nitpicking Age Ratings bit is beginning to get old...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Riyousha

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:54 pm Reply with quote
No, no, no. It's all wrong. When I watched that anime, there was bloody moments in it like Bloody mirriors on the background and Sasuke getting stabbed by needle thingys. Who the heck rated it OC anyways. The show isn't that kid-friendly so it needs to be TA again because that OC rating confuses me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
patch

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
NARUTO!?

Um...it's rated "Older Children" because it IS an "older children's" show.

Well, in respect to the ANN definition of what Older Children age rating means, I also feel it is inaccurate and misleading.

ANN Encyclopedia Definition wrote:
Age rating: Older Children (May contain mild bad language, bloodless violence).

Anyone who has seen the series knows that although not every minute, there is definiately bloody violence and 'adult' situations/sexual innuendo that occur in the series, so I believe the Teenagers rating is a more accurate portrayal of the actual content. I think if you ask some parents, they would agree.

Teenagers (May contain bloody violence, bad language, nudity)
Riyousha

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:09 pm Reply with quote
patch wrote:
Nagisa wrote:
NARUTO!?

Um...it's rated "Older Children" because it IS an "older children's" show.

Well, in respect to the ANN definition of what Older Children age rating means, I also feel it is inaccurate and misleading.

Age rating: Older Children (May contain mild bad language, bloodless violence).

Anyone who has seen the series knows that although not every minute, there is definiately bloody violence and 'adult' situations/sexual innuendo that occur in the series, so I believe the Teenagers rating is a more accurate portrayal of the actual content. I think if you ask some parents, they would agree.

Teenagers (May contain bloody violence, bad language, nudity)

Agree. I wanna see that TA ratin on the Naruto pape again. Besides, CN doesn't care about family viewing that much. Click on this link that proves that the cartoon acually has bloody violence and should not OC rated.
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that's weird. Last year, the entry was marked TA, so I marked it as True. Apparently, Zac changed the Age Rating to OC. Don't ask me why, so I'm switching it back to TA.

Are you happy now, Riyousha?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure how to place this one.

We're not talking about large amounts of blood in Naruto.

I'll have to ask Dan if he feels that TA = "Any Blood" or if it mean "Significant Blood."

It's also targetted at children ages 8+ (which includes teens) approximately. But later in the series there are definitely moments that are a bit much for children under 13 or so...

[Edit Spoke to Dan.]

Quote:
targeted at OC, but with content that makes it TA according to our definitions. - the edited version is OC

As per this post changing "age rating" to a more objective content rating is being considered.

-t
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1