• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Log Horizon Anime Promo Video Introduces Main Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jet_

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:01 pm Reply with quote
>inb4 people mentioning SAO
Pokenatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:41 pm Reply with quote
>inb4 people mentioning .hack// oh wait
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Hmm looks like it going to be quite similar to SAO, i would have expected that there would be more series with a death in game plot after SAO aired seeing as how popular ir got but i didn't expected to be this soon. Oh well i will give it a try and see how it goes.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Also this is a 2-course series so I'm expecting a bunch of material to be covered. Obviously, the SAO vibes are high.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Pokenatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
Hmm looks like it going to be quite similar to SAO, i would have expected that there would be more series with a death in game plot after SAO aired seeing as how popular ir got but i didn't expected to be this soon. Oh well i will give it a try and see how it goes.

Well since it's two cour, it was already well into production by the time SAO premiered so this is more coincidental than follow the leader.
Bablioteca

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:45 pm Reply with quote
hopefully it will delve more into the idea of such a setting where SAO the books or the anime both, i felt really did not.

I havn't seen all the .hacks either but i always felt those were more a mystery story.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Pokenatic wrote:
Thespacemaster wrote:

Well since it's two cour, it was already well into production by the time SAO premiered so this is more coincidental than follow the leader.

What i mean is that there will be more Anime, i never said it was follow the leader, i am just highlighting that this particular genre is now starting to get popularized that's all
Wrangler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:18 pm Reply with quote
I wonder what kind of show this is going to be. From those preview bits of the show, it looks more of a comedy instead of something serious like SAO.
jet_

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
I wonder what kind of show this is going to be. From those preview bits of the show, it looks more of a comedy instead of something serious like SAO.

People who've read the source material say that each volume focus a different party. They do MMO stuff, and there's no harem or w/e.
It's an adventure series.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:11 pm Reply with quote
looks bad. It's just going to be as popular as SAO.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:38 pm Reply with quote
This one looks (or sounds) more like "and now you BECOME these characters" instead of "you're now stuck in a virtual world prison where you can be killed". Basically it sounds like SAO without the dark overtones or the "beat the game, save the players" end goal.. Could be fun, depends on the execution.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1