• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Fan-created Live-Action Princess Mononoke Film Ending Soon on Kickstarter

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhostShell

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Looks like an interesting idea. Too bad they weren't on the west coast of B.C., though. With the Rain Forests, there are lots of places here that look like the ones portrayed in the original movie. As the creators are in the U.K., just a wee bit too far for them to travel to shoot on location, me thinks.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:16 am Reply with quote
Should tell the forest it doesn't need a wolf girl to save it, but rather some dire wolves from House Stark, or maybe Selene from Underworld.

On a more serious note though, it is nice that there is interest in doing this, but I wonder if there are going to be licensing or rather copyright problems since they are so public about it.

Don't think Disney has the rights to it, but the Japanese rights holders still do. If they don't know about it yet, they soon will.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Amazingly, they reached their goal (29,895 pounds pledged of 29,000 goal, with 238 backers). To be honest, I didn't think they'd make it, considering they had about half their goal left to go and only about thirty-six hours left in the funding period last time I checked. Good for them. Wonder if it was some last minute large pledge backers that closed the gap. Didn't even know about this campaign until this news item was posted on ANN's site on Sept. 26th.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:56 am Reply with quote
GhostShell wrote:
Amazingly, they reached their goal (29,895 pounds pledged of 29,000 goal, with 238 backers). To be honest, I didn't think they'd make it, considering they had about half their goal left to go and only about thirty-six hours left in the funding period last time I checked. Good for them. Wonder if it was some last minute large pledge backers that closed the gap. Didn't even know about this campaign until this news item was posted on ANN's site on Sept. 26th.

I didn’t think they would ether, one reason why I haven't backed yet. I still have my reserves about backing, as TarsTarkas mentioned as I think they may have broken some kind of copyright rule.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1