• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: AKB48 Idols Undergo Successful Surgery After Attack

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Considering all the idol stalkers they got over there, why are they not better prepared in the area of security?
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Good to know they're okay.
Yuxing

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 3:11 pm Reply with quote
24 year old man attacking teenage girls for no good reason, and his mom has to apologize for him. What a sad human being.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Yuxing wrote:
24 year old man attacking teenage girls for no good reason, and his mom has to apologize for him. What a sad human being.

Maybe the dude a hater/anti??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Banjo

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 3:36 pm Reply with quote
good to know they are fine, maybe he got turned down or his mails/tweets whatever ignored
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 3:56 pm Reply with quote
They both are lucky to be alive, those are some nasty injuries. If there were no CDs or tickets in the home then he was tresspassing and it also proves this was a random act of violence.
vallum

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
They both are lucky to be alive, those are some nasty injuries. If there were no CDs or tickets in the home then he was tresspassing and it also proves this was a random act of violence.

Nasty injuries? Broken finger and laceration (even though I don't know how deep and big was it)?

It would be nasty if they were stabbed, had a finger cut out or an arm broken...
gloverrandal

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 5:27 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Considering all the idol stalkers they got over there, why are they not better prepared in the area of security?

Unlike America, Japan's a very low violent country. Not much need for high security all the time. This is just a freak case. And given the info of no CDS or tickets in his home, it might not have even been a fan. Just a wandering vagrant who saw a group of people and decided to attack them.
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 5:38 pm Reply with quote
That's why I do not understand: Are evidences so far suggest this is some random violence instead of a well-plotted attack? If so...how sick is that man committing such crime just to vent his frustration/anger?

We all have some REALLY REALLY rough times in life, some of them are even demoralizing; but I am glad most people aren't as twisted as this man.
Hellfish

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:15 pm Reply with quote
I am not a fan but still good to hear they are okay. An attack as minor as it ended being is not anything I wish on nobody.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Ugh. These dudes are disgusting. I've never loved a pop figure so much that I'd go to meet them in person, much less attempt to maim them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:45 pm Reply with quote
glover:
Quote:
Unlike America, Japan's a very low violent country. Not much need for high security all the time. This is just a freak case.

Yes, but, once again, acts of crime are likely to be higher against idols.

Quote:
And given the info of no CDS or tickets in his home, it might not have even been a fan. Just a wandering vagrant who saw a group of people and decided to attack them.

So they just let some random dude butt into line when he doesn't even have any official business there? That's even worse.
DJStarstryker

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:50 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

Japan doesn't really bother with security because it's so peaceful generally. I go to tons of events. The only time I've ever seen anything security related is they have people who check your bags at baseball games. But they barely look inside even then.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:40 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

It's not only Japan that has this problem, South Korea has this too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:10 pm Reply with quote
I've seen a video where someone took the role of AKB security for a day. The fans have only a certain amount of time to speak with a member of the group.

I'm sure some here are aware of the Japanese show Mecha-Mecha Iketeru.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2