• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Most Hated Character Ever?

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beezis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Who is your most despised character in all of anime? Give details as to what pisses you off about him/her.

For me it's Shinji Ikari from Neon Genesis Evangelion. He goes through these phases of doubt and self pity/lothing to helplessness and then ask for someone to either notice him or save him. I just find it a pathetic existance. Everything he does just irks me.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
prime_pm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:47 pm Reply with quote
I believe that was the whole point of his character as an allegory to the human condition.
dxx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Kazuki Shikimori from Maburaho... he is the worst. All the girls of his college wants to f*ck him, and he does not do anything. He is a completly idiot.

Also Holland from Eureka Seven. Well, at the beggining i hate him because of how he treat Renton, i mean, Renton is just a kid of 13 years old. Later, i stopped hating him as he started to change his behavior.
dxx
Azathrael

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:17 am Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
I believe that was the whole point of his character as an allegory to the human condition.

All the more reason to hate him then.

Second vote on Shinji. I hated him down to the very last detail, including his voice (no offense to the seiyuu though). Like the kind of people you eventually meet in real life and just know you're not going to like the person the second you see the person's face. >.<
TcDohl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:22 am Reply with quote
Ryoma Echizen.

Premise of Prince of Tennis:
Cocky little sh*t finds out that not only can he always win at tennis, he makes lots of friends by being a total jerkwad.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:23 am Reply with quote
I'm going to have to go with Delphine from Last Exile.

Here she is living in glorious splendor in the clouds while the people on the world below are either freezing to death or living in the heat and drinking dirty water.

She thinks/believes that SHE should live and eat the way she does because since everyone can't, she'll have to do it for them.

She's abusive to her brother, Dio as well. She has to be otherwise he wouldn't have gone completly bonkers when she dumped the rose petals over Sophia's Coronation Ceremony. And she smiles as Dio and the others of his age group spoiler[slaughter each other to get to a sword.]

And the part that really got me was her smiling throughout the spoiler[fight between Lucciola and Cicada and then killing Lucciola. I'm sooo glad that Alex Row was able to strangle the B****!]
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:49 am Reply with quote
I can't even recall her name, but I despise the main character girl from Final Approach. Her personality is stereotypical, she's loud and extremely obnoxious to the point of it not even being cute anymore, and she spoiler[almost forces a poor boy who doesn't even like her into an early, unhappy marriage]. Her character design is pretty boring, too. I really wonder why I decided to stick with this abysmal series to the end. Probably because the episodes are only twelve minutes long, I guess. I still feel like I wasted a part of my precious childhood watching that horrid piece of crap all the way through.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:15 am Reply with quote
King Hamdo, of Now and Then, Here and Now.

Crazy can only go so far, and I am surprized at to length it went.

Such a sick person, with the control he had.

It wasn't because he was hard.

It wasn't because he was unjust.

Its because he was wrong. Way wrong.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:23 am Reply with quote
Azathrael wrote:
Second vote on Shinji.

Third vote. Even before I read this thread, I already knew I was going to choose him. Although I didn't particularly like most of the characters of Eva (Asuka being the one exception), I particularly hated Shinji. Yes, I know he was supposed to be realistic, and it was realistic, but that hardly makes for anything even somewhat entertaining. Having a character whine constantly throughout the whole series, well, frankly I couldn't stand it.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:31 am Reply with quote
So you hate Shinji or find him annoying?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
coldfusion5050

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:36 am Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
King Hamdo, of Now and Then, Here and Now.

Crazy can only go so far, and I am surprized at to length it went.

Such a sick person, with the control he had.

It wasn't because he was hard.

It wasn't because he was unjust.

Its because he was wrong. Way wrong.

Second.

"Unjust" doesn't do him justice. That . . . guy (I struggle to use that word in fear of equating him with a human being) was unthinkably evil.

And as for the Shinji bashing going on now, which I expected, I will only say I disagree because I feel the need to say something, but this is not the place/topic to debate with people.
JoshuaStChristopher

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:40 am Reply with quote
Vash from Trigun and Kenshin from Kenshin. I dislike any character like that. Always afraid of killing and whatnot. They should take some lessons from Gutts and cleave things in half with an oversized sowrd. : (
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:41 am Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
So you hate Shinji or find him annoying?

It's possible to hate someone because they're annoying, in this case it's both. He was annoying because he spent most of the time in the series worrying, whining, and screaming about his problems rather than accepting them or making an effort to do anything about them. People who spend their life whining and moaning about their problems rather than actually doing anything about them or at least making some kind of attempt are the people I hate most also. I'm a very optimistic person, I usually try to make the most out of anything and don't see any point in whining since it never will get you anywhere.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:45 am Reply with quote
JoshuaStChristopher wrote:
Vash from Trigun and Kenshin from Kenshin. I dislike any character like that. Always afraid of killing and whatnot.
They always had the option to kill.

(please don't treat me like someone who doesn't know what I mean)
kenshin101

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:48 am Reply with quote
JoshuaStChristopher wrote:
Vash from Trigun and Kenshin from Kenshin. I dislike any character like that. Always afraid of killing and whatnot. They should take some lessons from Gutts and cleave things in half with an oversized sowrd. : (

You hate Kenshin from the series then...watch the first OVAs.

I also hate Shinji, he's just so annoying, he is always depressed which bothers me. I'm not saying being depressed sometimes is bad but most of the time this guys is just miserable.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 14