• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
whats the best anime?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
themole

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:20 am Reply with quote
i thought Elfen Lied, bleach and naruto shoot up to the top but what do you think ?
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:25 am Reply with quote
themole wrote:
i thought Elfen Lied, bleach and naruto shoot up to the top but what do you think ?

Explain why you think Naruto is the best. Then I'll Believe It.
themole

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:29 am Reply with quote
well it would have to be the fact that i like the story line and i also like the message it sends out of even if you have nothing there night be somthing out there worth fighting for... but yea thats why i made this thread to see what others thought on the subject thanks for posting
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:36 am Reply with quote
Well I can understand that for Bleach and Naruto but for Elfen Lied?

This is going to be locked unless you make a much better intro. Just telling you. not to mention this is a completely opinion based topic, with the potential for many flame wars and insult contests.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
hentai4me

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:55 am Reply with quote
Witch Hunter Robin.

Throughout the entire series I was genuinely entertained, the pacing worked perfectly, each episode led on to the next and made you want to watch it, the major characters developed noticeably and the whole package itself just felt clean, crisp and well organised.

The character designs, while cliche in the case of several of them (Amon...) were fitting for the roles and were well executed.

Now while the series itself may not be 'The Best' in every way it is certainly the series I enjoy watching the most and as anime is meant to be entertainment isn't that the only thing that really matters?

Running close second are the first 18 episodes (minus the summing up episodes etc) of Kare Kano, it checked all the boxes for a great shoujo romance story, executed it well, made it's message (though to be honest I usually don't like messages in media) clear and got me thinking about how image plays such a role in society. Unfortunately the final set of episodes are largely...irrelevant and bring the series down a bit.

Finally Haibane Renmei, simply because of the sheer relaxing joy it brings, sitting through the entire series, even with the heavy dramatic moments always feels so languid, makes you wish that sometimes life was that much simpler, that you had one job to do and it was everyone else's job to make it possible for you to do that. Also the ending got me thinking about image and intention as well.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:57 am Reply with quote
For one thing, we already have a thread up top, sticked even, where people tell what they think the best anime (or rather, their favorite, which is what you really seem to be asking for here) is. For another, as has already been stated, this sort of thread needs more thought to it than "i liek naruto." It would be nice to actually hear why you liek Naruto without having to ask for it. In fact, the rules demand that you give an explanation without us having to ask for it.

Locked.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1