Forum - View topic
NEWS: Persona 3 The Movie #1's New Promo Streamed




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Stark700



Joined: 30 Jan 2012
Posts: 11468
Location: Earth
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:55 am Reply with quote
Ah, another PV!

Damn, I can't wait for this movie now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome



Joined: 29 Mar 2011
Posts: 4210
Location: Towson, Maryland
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm worried that a certain girl isn't on the cast list... if she's not in it, I'm not watching.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jl07045



Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 1451
Location: Riga, Latvia
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:08 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
I'm worried that a certain girl isn't on the cast list... if she's not in it, I'm not watching.


This is just the first movie. They probably won' t even get to Aigis.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Animerican14



Joined: 19 Aug 2006
Posts: 953
Location: Saint Louis, MO
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:11 pm Reply with quote
jl07045 wrote:
This is just the first movie. They probably won' t even get to Aigis.


So since this is the first movie, then, has it been confirmed how many films will there be total? Two or three or so?

It's kinda cool to be reminded of the movie again after having finally finished the main campaign of Persona 3: FES yesterday. I had already found the in-game anime for P3 kind of ugly and janky, but the quality of artistry in the upcoming film makes that even more apparent-- the movie art looks pretty much perfect. By making the story tighter, hopefully I'll appreciate it more.... because in all honesty, in between the hours of grinding in generically designed dungeons and completing shorter games with more focused stories in between play sessions, my investment in P3's plot only really picked up in the final few in-game months. (At least the characters were cool and interesting enough.) I'm not too sure I even would've completed it as "soon" as I have had I not won the P3 art book a few months back. As it understandably expects the reader to have fully played the game or not mind being spoiled by latter aspects of P3, I barely touched it until beating the thing early Saturday morning.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
doubleO7



Joined: 17 Jul 2009
Posts: 968
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Animerican14 wrote:
jl07045 wrote:
This is just the first movie. They probably won' t even get to Aigis.


So since this is the first movie, then, has it been confirmed how many films will there be total? Two or three or so?


Based on the subtitle "Spring of Rebirth," I'm going to assume there will be four movies, with the others covering the events of the Summer, Fall, and Winter months in the game.

Meaning Aigis won't show up until at least Movie #2.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Niyari



Joined: 02 Apr 2011
Posts: 285
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:12 pm Reply with quote
jl07045 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
I'm worried that a certain girl isn't on the cast list... if she's not in it, I'm not watching.


This is just the first movie. They probably won' t even get to Aigis.


I hate to nitpick, but after so many years of seeing this, I kinda have to let it out. It's Aegis. Aegis is actually word and fits the theme she has going on with her Persona, Athena. Plus it's kind of her original Japanese name..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rahxephon91



Joined: 08 Jun 2003
Posts: 1801
Location: Park Forest IL.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Man people really like Aegis.

I thought she was easily the worst character in the game. Really disliked the focus she got.

Still, I think I like P3's story a bit better than 4(but not more than 2, we need an anime of that). So I'm kind of happy we are getting anything based on it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
razisgosu



Joined: 26 Sep 2012
Posts: 649
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Niyari wrote:
jl07045 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
I'm worried that a certain girl isn't on the cast list... if she's not in it, I'm not watching.


This is just the first movie. They probably won' t even get to Aigis.


I hate to nitpick, but after so many years of seeing this, I kinda have to let it out. It's Aegis. Aegis is actually word and fits the theme she has going on with her Persona, Athena. Plus it's kind of her original Japanese name..


Japanese = Aegis

Anything else = Aigis

There's no need to nitpick when they're both her name. Kind of like you can call P4's Protagonist, Seta, Yu, Silent Protagonist, etc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NoremaC-_-



Joined: 10 Aug 2012
Posts: 60
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:15 pm Reply with quote
razisgosu wrote:


Japanese = Aegis

Anything else = Aigis

There's no need to nitpick when they're both her name. Kind of like you can call P4's Protagonist, Seta, Yu, Silent Protagonist, etc.


it's not, thats more about people projecting some sort of continuum between three individual renditions of the same story.

it's more like with aeris and aerith with the latter being a mistranslation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mewpudding101
Industry Insider


Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 2036
Location: Tokyo, Japan
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:49 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
I'm worried that a certain girl isn't on the cast list... if she's not in it, I'm not watching.


Going to be in future movies for sure. She SATURATES the Persona universe (unfortunately for me). I'm betting 10,000 yen she will appear after the ending credits of the movie.

Anyway, I've got my limited edition drama CD ticket, so I have to go reserve my seat on Thursday before it fills up for Saturday!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group