• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Naruto Shippūden: The Lost Tower Blu-Ray

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:22 pm Reply with quote
You should also point out that Yamato's lack of overall involvement in the movie made absolutely no sense. What was the point of having him time travel with Naruto and end up having NO involvement in the movie until near the end when he saves the day? It's such a waste. They should have had the whole team time travel back with Naruto and give them ACTUAL involvement in the story instead of just shoving them to the side and giving them a simple convenient appearance when things look bleak like they did with Yamato.

Personally i feel like almost ALL Naruto movies are predictable and lack luster from a story telling stand point.

I will always unconditionally love the first movie above all others but with Naruto movies it's better just to turn the old brain off and watch the gorgeous animation used to give everyone extremely over the top abilities and moves that they could never use in the original series for their absurdness Laughing

I quite liked the dub as well as the cast delivers another solid performance especially Mukade as you mentioned he could have been given a terrible Saturday morning cartoon voice given his "I'm going to rule the world!" or "You have no chance of winning!" lines he constantly spouts throughout the movie. But his voice has just the right touch of evil and fits perfectly.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:16 pm Reply with quote
This is the only Shippuden film I haven't been able to finish. Despite my love of anything involving time travel and the 4th, it bored me to tears.

I wish they'd lay off Naruto battling huge monsters/robots and go back to good old human vs human stuff.
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:25 pm Reply with quote
^
Those monsters and robots ain't gonna destroy themselves you know.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:51 am Reply with quote
well i think its a decent movie . sure its not too good ( Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom was the worst of franchise's movies ) but its definitely worth a rental .

also it did had potential , but the problem is that it would unfortunately conflict with the series since the movies are technically fillers and not cannon material
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:39 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Sure its not too good ( Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom was the worst of franchise's movies ) but its definitely worth a rental

Ahh, that one had some cool scenes. That beach fight with Kyuubi Naruto and Rock Lee kicking ass with a bo staff. I think Sakura even did something kinda cool in it.

The story was dumb but it at least had some entertaining aspects to it and it wasn't some goofball monster battle.
Scalfin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Oh my god, that cover is amazing. Look at his posture. Look at it!
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
jr0904 wrote:
Sure its not too good ( Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom was the worst of franchise's movies ) but its definitely worth a rental

Ahh, that one had some cool scenes. That beach fight with Kyuubi Naruto and Rock Lee kicking ass with a bo staff. I think Sakura even did something kinda cool in it.

The story was dumb but it at least had some entertaining aspects to it and it wasn't some goofball monster battle.

the only good thing about it was the ending where unfortunately it got another powered up rasengan which will never be in cannon material and of all things the chakra from the moon which is stupid. at least the tornado rasengan in the second shippuden movie ( which was created by the 9 tails chakra ) and the supreme rasengan was a lot more better , even though the latter will be downright impossible and definitely wont be in cannon , only in videogames.

Also i dont think the 4th movie was a goofball monster battle. at least compared to the battle with the Zero Tails in the 2nd movie.

Its as i said , this movie is not perfect , but its decent enough for a rental at best and its a hell of a lot better than guardians of the crescent moon kingdom .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1