Forum - View topic
NEWS: Haruka Tomatsu Narrates Sakura Trick's 1st TV Ad


Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jet_



Joined: 06 Jun 2013
Posts: 360

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Doesn't look as good as I hoped it would.
I'm still excited though.

Tomatsu Haruka <3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
darkchibi07



Joined: 15 Oct 2003
Posts: 3673

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
dat Hidamari Sketch style
dat catchy theme song
dat kiss


This title will be a true test to see how receptive those otaku are towards yuri now that Sakura Trick has attractive attributes they could like just as long this DEEN staff doesn't muck it up too much. Man, I hope it does well!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Megiddo



Joined: 24 Aug 2005
Posts: 6081
Location: IL

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Looks about how you'd think a low-budget poor animation DEEN title will look.

Well, I knew there was no way DEEN would put out anything better than mediocre on the visual side, but hopefully the cast and the characters can shine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZodiacBeast



Joined: 26 Jan 2010
Posts: 90

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:09 pm Reply with quote
I do hope that this show turns out to be as great as it looks. It looks like it'll provide just the cute and quirky romp that I've been desiring.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rederoin



Joined: 29 May 2013
Posts: 510
Location: Europa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:31 pm Reply with quote
I watched the livestream of it, it only made me even more hyped for the tv show.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Rivailloli



Joined: 05 Jun 2013
Posts: 144
Location: Virginia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Not caring for how it looks right now, course I was never really that excited for this title to begin with. I'll give it a three episode test though, but I don't even think I'll make that cause I've seen the manga and just found it incredibly boring.

Whatever though, if this isn't to my taste Akuma no Riddle comes out in spring and honestly I am way more excited for that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
configspace



Joined: 16 Aug 2008
Posts: 2608

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:13 pm Reply with quote
This is gonna be sooo good. Can't wait.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chagen46



Joined: 27 Jun 2010
Posts: 4143

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Looks incredibly boring, as expected of DEEN, one of the most incompetent studios ever. Cannot understand why everyone is going nuts over this show. Won't be watching.

Nonetheless:

Quote:
This title will be a true test to see how receptive those otaku are towards yuri now that Sakura Trick has attractive attributes they could like just as long this DEEN staff doesn't muck it up too much. Man, I hope it does well!


I hope this show does well as well, if only because it might mean more LGBT-focused shows being made and that means that we might actually get a yaoi show for once. It's a small dream but I can hope.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rederoin



Joined: 29 May 2013
Posts: 510
Location: Europa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Looks incredibly boring, as expected of DEEN, one of the most incompetent studios ever. Cannot understand why everyone is going nuts over this show. Won't be watching.

Because they are yuri fans? Crazy, I know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Chagen46



Joined: 27 Jun 2010
Posts: 4143

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:56 pm Reply with quote
I like how you didn't read my post fully. The show is honestly not that interesting to me. You're free to read a bunch of stuff into my post that wasn't there but don't act like I'm saying stuff I'm not.

I like how you guys have constructed this strawman of me to the point where you literally don't read my posts and respond solely to this strawman. Had you actually bothered to read the post fully, you would have seen that I was actually wishing well on this show.

But of course that wouldn't allow you to get incensed at this strawman of me, now would it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rederoin



Joined: 29 May 2013
Posts: 510
Location: Europa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
I like how you didn't read my post fully. The show is honestly not that interesting to me. You're free to read a bunch of stuff into my post that wasn't there but don't act like I'm saying stuff I'm not.


I'm surprised that you're not interested in a yuri show.


Quote:

I like how you guys have constructed this strawman of me to the point where you literally don't read my posts and respond solely to this strawman. Had you actually bothered to read the post fully, you would have seen that I was actually wishing well on this show.

But of course that wouldn't allow you to get incensed at this strawman of me, now would it?

How in the bloody hell is that a strawman?

Why do you always feel the need to enter all Sakura trick threads saying you´re not interested? I think we all heard you the first time you said it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Rivailloli



Joined: 05 Jun 2013
Posts: 144
Location: Virginia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:11 pm Reply with quote
rederoin wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:
Looks incredibly boring, as expected of DEEN, one of the most incompetent studios ever. Cannot understand why everyone is going nuts over this show. Won't be watching.

Because they are yuri fans? Crazy, I know.


The whole plot is just two girls who like to kiss, it's understandable if someone would find such a premise boring.

Besides, if you antagonize him he'll go on for quite a while. Just ignore him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chagen46



Joined: 27 Jun 2010
Posts: 4143

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:11 pm Reply with quote
rederoin wrote:



Why do you always feel the need to enter all Sakura trick threads saying you´re not interested? I think we all heard you the first time you said it.


Because I have free will?

Hundreds of other people on ANN say "Not gonna watch" whenever a show is announced, why are you getting incensed at me doing it all of a sudden?

You're the one hilariously over-reacting to a simple, not-inflammatory "not watching" post.

Rivailloli wrote:

The whole plot is just two girls who like to kiss, it's understandable if someone would find such a premise boring.

Besides, if you antagonize him he'll go on for quite a while. Just ignore him.


I like how you guys are all completely losing it because I *gasp* don't like a show you like.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HitokiriShadow



Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 6104

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:

I like how you guys are all completely losing it because I *gasp* don't like a show you like.


So what exactly do you think of people that post in threads about yaoi/BL shows (or any other show that you like) just to post "well I don't care about this"? And I'm sure there are literally dozens of other shows you don't care about; are you posting that you don't care in those threads too? I don't think you are (and you shouldn't), so why do you feel compelled to post it about this show?

Now this goes for anyone. It's one thing if someone is theoretically the target audience or would normally be interested in a show but just can't find the interest based on the PVs or something . But if it's a show you'd have no interest in anyway.... why are you posting in the thread (excluding threads covering multiple shows like the season previews, in that case it's quite reasonable to mention your thoughts on shows A, B and C and then say that you have no interest in shows D and E)? I've seen this from many posters in many threads, and it's always an utter waste of thread space. If you just don't care about something, then just ignore it. And especially don't post in every single thread about a show saying how much you don't care (or how much you can't stand that it exists; if you're upset about Kodomo no Jikan or Free! or whatever existing, don't shit in every single thread about it).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chagen46



Joined: 27 Jun 2010
Posts: 4143

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:26 pm Reply with quote
My actual reason for posting here was to say "I don't want to watch this show but I hope it does well so we get more LGBT anime". Something with I've seen people do a lot here and no one ever cares.

Of course, everyone ignored the "I hope it does well" part so they could act sanctimonious and holier-than-thou about my post, but that's not my fault. They decided to see what they wanted, extrapolate gigabytes of data that didn't actually exist, and act like I was going in and saying "lol this sucks, get bent yurishit fans" when I never even said anything close to that

Quote:
So what exactly do you think of people that post in threads about yaoi/BL shows (or any other show that you like) just to post "well I don't care about this"?


I actually would not care that much except for that fact that they often have a veneer of "EW GAY" or "HOW DARE PEOPLE NOT ME GET SHOWS THEY WANT".

All things which I didn't, once again, did not do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group