• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Recently, my sister is unusual. (TV)

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:07 am Reply with quote

Recently, my sister is unusual.

Genres: comedy, romance, slice of life, supernatural
Plot Summary: A girl named Mitsuki Kanzaki lives with her step-brother Yuya after her mother remarries. One day, Mitsuki is possessed by the self-proclaimed spirit of a young girl, Hiyori Kotobuki. Hiyori (in Mitsuki's body) must fall in love with Yuya to move toward the "Gates of Heaven."

Episode 1:

Pretty generic but I got some nice laughs. Looks like some parts were censored which is fairly obvious but anyways yeah. The OP song is silly and so is that ending. I literally lol'd @ the ED song. Idk, it wasn't very impressive for me. I'll follow this to see how it goes though.

But seriously, that belt...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Yes imouto anime. I love them no matter how bad they are, except Onisuki because of the weird character designs.

Last edited by WhiteHairGirls on Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dop.L

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:49 pm Reply with quote
I eagerly await Zac's review of this one.
Although I think making him review it might come under 'cruel and unusual punishment'.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Zac will survive, I'm sure. On another point, he could do a feature called, "I'm reviewing this so you don't have to watch it." He could start it off with Diabolik Lovers! Very Happy
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Dropping this not because of the content but because the episode has less concept of what it wants to do than the current run of Samurai Flamenco (a show that I enjoy to follow, har har).

There are way too many ingredients thrown into the pot, this episode could work from a number of angles but it keeps wanting to put "one more titillating idea" and spoils what should produce something that could appease someone's particular palette for ecchi series.
Bango

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one who thought the starting portion would've been hilarious if the father's eyes were on stalks like a snail or something? I just kept thinking that.

... Seriously? You're censoring a chastity belt? Whatever. It's made extra sad because I deleted some uncensored Freezing Vibration episodes to make room for this.

For the record, never drink Pebsi Ice Diplocyclos. Diplocyclos is toxic in the quantities most people drink pop in.

Yeah, yeah censoring the chastity belt was a bit much. Censoring -this- I understand. Although I still rope it in with pointless censoring, pointless censoring must exist to keep people from going crazy.

Wait, so there's an actual plot-relevant reason for ectoplasmic yuritastic activities? I'm perfectly fine with it then.

That's one hilarious ending credits animation.

So end verdict is I'm going to shelve this for now and wait for BDs at which point I'll decide if it sucks or not. It's overall pretty crappy but it has some angles which might make it emotional or interesting towards the end.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Eh, I'll give it a few more eps, but it has the scent of the chopping block about it. Doesn't help that a girl spoiler["having to hold it in"] is probably one of my least favourite "comedic" bits.
Bango

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Throughout that part I was thinking "will this be a simple gag or a fetish thing?". To each their own, of course. It's just not something I care much for in either gag or fetish sense.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Weird anime is weird.

I usually have a low tolerance for censoring but I find I don't mind too much here. There are actually two levels of censorship going on -- one drawn in the anime and it looks like it meant to be a satirical joke. Then you get the black streaks (how do they choose black or white anyway?) which is the usual someone trying to save our innocent purity.

The RPG narrative overlays didn't do much for me. It looked like they were trying to stretch the animation budget.

It looks like we have a horny ghost on our hands here. That's the high point.

It also looks like that lock thingy fills with liquid at some event -- the wearer's orgasm? Presumably something happens when it fills up probably that's how you get rid of it. But the liquid is used when you do the three minute timeout. More annoying than funny.

WTF with that doll thing in the ending credits? If that's a character that shows up in later episodes I'm outta here.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:31 pm Reply with quote
As terrible and silly as this episode was this show will probably be a guilty pleasure for me due to my undying love for anything yuri related. I'm almost ashamed of that..........but not really Laughing

I thought this might be another one of those cases where the ghost girl was supposed to be the twin of the sister that ACTUALLY exists but she was born without a body and her soul lives inside her sister.

But i'm not really sure that's the case since the ghost states that she's had a body before. So this might be some random ghost just messing with her........ Confused
Bango

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:23 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
how do they choose black or white anyway?

If Neptune's to be believed the ecosystem decides because light beams are living creatures. We can likely assume either racial differences or one is the male and the other is the female of the species.

Wasn't the huge... thing in the ending the ghost girl in school life? I didn't pay too much attention because I was busy laughin' and I can't check now.
ZorgonXtreme

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:22 am Reply with quote
I do believe that this is the first non-hentai anime I've seen that has a female orgasm in it. Right? Maybe I'm not remembering hard enough.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:46 am Reply with quote
The latest in the line of Imouto anime. Of course Yui Ogura is involved, playing the imouto ghost thing and in both OP and ED, she is getting quite the reputation, and I do adore her voice (Tsukiko, Rom, Yuzurina, Yuuko Kanda, and Tamaki Gokō).

My first response was that the guy's eyes looked pretty moe, made me think that this would be only moe level cuteness. Well that changed when the ghost thing spoiler[kisses her and start masterbating, and then pretty much making out with her]. Also censor over minimal spoiler[chastity belt].

I got a laugh that the preview was voiced by one guy doing voices for multiple characters. And the ED, nice parody on the moe thing.
Bango

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:03 am Reply with quote
ZorgonXtreme wrote:
I do believe that this is the first non-hentai anime I've seen that has a female orgasm in it. Right? Maybe I'm not remembering hard enough.

I think there've been plenty. I'm sure the likes of ToLoveRu, Queen's Blade, Kiss x Sis. Though I guess I can't specifically remember.

Going back a bit further I remember the first non-hentai sex scene I saw in an anime was in Outlanders so it likely had an orgasm. I don't know if the anime version included it or not but Minnie May Hopkins from Gunsmith Cats was quite the horndog so I'd be surprised if they didn't show her having one.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:24 am Reply with quote
Bango wrote:
ZorgonXtreme wrote:

I think there've been plenty. I'm sure the likes of ToLoveRu, Queen's Blade, Kiss x Sis. Though I guess I can't specifically remember.

And then there is Yosuga no Sora, which all know was eventually going to be mentioned here thanks to the incest.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7