Forum - View topic
NEWS: Namco Bandai Games Announces Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn for America


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Zatheyll



Joined: 06 Jan 2014
Posts: 39
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:56 pm Reply with quote
I thought they name changed to Bandai Namco?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Egan Loo



Joined: 25 Feb 2005
Posts: 1119
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Zatheyll wrote:
I thought they name changed to Bandai Namco?


The English name changeover for the overall company is scheduled to take effect on April 1 (the start of the company's fiscal year).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the-antihero



Joined: 17 Aug 2010
Posts: 726
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:18 pm Reply with quote
100 MS. Well, I hope they don't fill those slots with ugly mass-produced MS like ALL the different Zakus and Goufs and instead give us special MS like Tallgeese, Hyaku Shiki, and all the Gundams from Wing, X, AGE and the UC OVAs.

I swear, AGE-FX would be the most epic MS to use. And is it too much to ask for Leopard and EW Heavyarms, the Rambos of Gundam?


Last edited by the-antihero on Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vaisaga



Joined: 07 Oct 2011
Posts: 13029
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Download only, is it? I'll still pick it up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
AsherFischell



Joined: 24 Feb 2014
Posts: 327
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Ugh, download only? I'm sick of Sony of America's bullshit. I'm completely out of space on my hd too. I guess I'll be importing a UK copy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mdo7



Joined: 23 May 2007
Posts: 5995
Location: Cypress, Texas, USA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Digital huh, well I don't mind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rahxephon91



Joined: 08 Jun 2003
Posts: 1804
Location: Park Forest IL.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:03 pm Reply with quote
AsherFischell wrote:
Ugh, download only? I'm sick of Sony of America's bullshit. I'm completely out of space on my hd too. I guess I'll be importing a UK copy.
How is this Sony's BS? They aren't the one's putting out the game?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
AsherFischell



Joined: 24 Feb 2014
Posts: 327
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:
Ugh, download only? I'm sick of Sony of America's bullshit. I'm completely out of space on my hd too. I guess I'll be importing a UK copy.
How is this Sony's BS? They aren't the one's putting out the game?


Sony of America won't put games without dubs on disc, unless it's Yakuza. For instance, Pirate Warriors 2 and Ken's Rage 2 got released on a ps3 disc in Europe, but since there's no dub, they're digital only in the US. Additionally, if games without a dub are released on both ps3 AND 360, the 360 version will get a disc release, while the ps3 version won't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Primus



Joined: 01 Mar 2006
Posts: 2665
Location: Toronto
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:14 pm Reply with quote
There's been a few games on Vita that have received a physical version in North America despite containing just Japanese audio.

Speaking of which, once again Bandai Namco US shows their hate towards that platform.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Schaef Dogg



Joined: 17 Jul 2008
Posts: 44
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Not happy about digital-only, but its not gonna stop me from buying the game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
CrownKlown



Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 1761
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:38 am Reply with quote
AsherFischell wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:
Ugh, download only? I'm sick of Sony of America's bullshit. I'm completely out of space on my hd too. I guess I'll be importing a UK copy.
How is this Sony's BS? They aren't the one's putting out the game?


Sony of America won't put games without dubs on disc, unless it's Yakuza. For instance, Pirate Warriors 2 and Ken's Rage 2 got released on a ps3 disc in Europe, but since there's no dub, they're digital only in the US. Additionally, if games without a dub are released on both ps3 AND 360, the 360 version will get a disc release, while the ps3 version won't.


BS alert.

Vic Ireland has already gotten an Okay from Sony for Class of Heroes 2G on the ps3, it not only has no dub, but won't have any voice acting at all. So don't put this on Sony.

Also what is the deal, first it was Bandai/Namco two separate companies, then the joined and became Bandai Namco games, and now they are back to Bandai? One Piece Dawn on the DS just has Bandai, Xillia has just Namco, but Ni No Kuni and Abyss have bandai Namco.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AsherFischell



Joined: 24 Feb 2014
Posts: 327
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:00 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:
Ugh, download only? I'm sick of Sony of America's bullshit. I'm completely out of space on my hd too. I guess I'll be importing a UK copy.
How is this Sony's BS? They aren't the one's putting out the game?


Sony of America won't put games without dubs on disc, unless it's Yakuza. For instance, Pirate Warriors 2 and Ken's Rage 2 got released on a ps3 disc in Europe, but since there's no dub, they're digital only in the US. Additionally, if games without a dub are released on both ps3 AND 360, the 360 version will get a disc release, while the ps3 version won't.


BS alert.

Vic Ireland has already gotten an Okay from Sony for Class of Heroes 2G on the ps3, it not only has no dub, but won't have any voice acting at all. So don't put this on Sony.

Also what is the deal, first it was Bandai/Namco two separate companies, then the joined and became Bandai Namco games, and now they are back to Bandai? One Piece Dawn on the DS just has Bandai, Xillia has just Namco, but Ni No Kuni and Abyss have bandai Namco.


First off, a game not having any voice acting isn't the same as it having all of its voices in Japanese. I almost can't believe you'd even use that argument. Secondly, since you don't believe me: http://www.destructoid.com/warriors-orochi-3-coming-to-psn-due-to-japanese-voiceover-221924.phtml
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CrownKlown



Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 1761
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:21 am Reply with quote
AsherFischell wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:
Ugh, download only? I'm sick of Sony of America's bullshit. I'm completely out of space on my hd too. I guess I'll be importing a UK copy.
How is this Sony's BS? They aren't the one's putting out the game?


Sony of America won't put games without dubs on disc, unless it's Yakuza. For instance, Pirate Warriors 2 and Ken's Rage 2 got released on a ps3 disc in Europe, but since there's no dub, they're digital only in the US. Additionally, if games without a dub are released on both ps3 AND 360, the 360 version will get a disc release, while the ps3 version won't.


BS alert.

Vic Ireland has already gotten an Okay from Sony for Class of Heroes 2G on the ps3, it not only has no dub, but won't have any voice acting at all. So don't put this on Sony.

Also what is the deal, first it was Bandai/Namco two separate companies, then the joined and became Bandai Namco games, and now they are back to Bandai? One Piece Dawn on the DS just has Bandai, Xillia has just Namco, but Ni No Kuni and Abyss have bandai Namco.


First off, a game not having any voice acting isn't the same as it having all of its voices in Japanese. I almost can't believe you'd even use that argument. Secondly, since you don't believe me: http://www.destructoid.com/warriors-orochi-3-coming-to-psn-due-to-japanese-voiceover-221924.phtml


Actually it is a fair comparison, as apparently Sony normally doesn't allow any release, let alone physical of a game without any dialogue. But in this case he put in a request, and they agreed. Not like they would have anything to lose. Plus it also doesn't really make sense as they allow dual audio games, so the only reason to bar a digital only release (reverse importation) does not come into play.

A company can have a policy in place, but allow exceptions to it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AsherFischell



Joined: 24 Feb 2014
Posts: 327
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:53 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:
Ugh, download only? I'm sick of Sony of America's bullshit. I'm completely out of space on my hd too. I guess I'll be importing a UK copy.
How is this Sony's BS? They aren't the one's putting out the game?


Sony of America won't put games without dubs on disc, unless it's Yakuza. For instance, Pirate Warriors 2 and Ken's Rage 2 got released on a ps3 disc in Europe, but since there's no dub, they're digital only in the US. Additionally, if games without a dub are released on both ps3 AND 360, the 360 version will get a disc release, while the ps3 version won't.


BS alert.

Vic Ireland has already gotten an Okay from Sony for Class of Heroes 2G on the ps3, it not only has no dub, but won't have any voice acting at all. So don't put this on Sony.

Also what is the deal, first it was Bandai/Namco two separate companies, then the joined and became Bandai Namco games, and now they are back to Bandai? One Piece Dawn on the DS just has Bandai, Xillia has just Namco, but Ni No Kuni and Abyss have bandai Namco.


First off, a game not having any voice acting isn't the same as it having all of its voices in Japanese. I almost can't believe you'd even use that argument. Secondly, since you don't believe me: http://www.destructoid.com/warriors-orochi-3-coming-to-psn-due-to-japanese-voiceover-221924.phtml


Actually it is a fair comparison, as apparently Sony normally doesn't allow any release, let alone physical of a game without any dialogue. But in this case he put in a request, and they agreed. Not like they would have anything to lose. Plus it also doesn't really make sense as they allow dual audio games, so the only reason to bar a digital only release (reverse importation) does not come into play.

A company can have a policy in place, but allow exceptions to it.


I'd regard saying, "BS Alert" as an indication that you weren't familiar with said policy. Also, it isn't a fair comparison, as practically no games are released on disc for non hand-held consoles nowadays that have literally no voice-acting. Also, I am unable to find any mention of a policy that states that games with no voice-acting or dialogue can't get a disc release. I'd be interested in seeing a link if you have one to share, though.

The fact remains, though. Sony of America has intentionally and repeatedly refused to release retail copies of games that are in Japanese, yet have no dubs. Ken's Rage 2 and Warriors Orochi 3 got disc releases in North America on the 360 and on both the 360 and ps3 in Europe, yet Sony declined to give them disc releases in NA. While I agree that this policy doesn't make any sense (especially given the aforementioned exceptions, including Yakuza 3, 4 and Dark Souls) it still hasn't stopped them from adhering to it. I don't know why they do it, it doesn't make any sense for them to do it and I sincerely wish that they would stop doing it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paperfanofdoom



Joined: 15 Mar 2013
Posts: 33
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:38 pm Reply with quote
They should've just brought over Extreme Vs. Full Boost without the copyrighted songs instead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group