• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
anyone know about weib schwarz?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
potatochobit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:08 pm Reply with quote
So, I recently found out they started selling these cards in america
I do not want to play the card battle game, I just want to collect some of the shiny foil cards, are there any american reseller shops I can buy individual cards from? where can I preorder some boxes of the USA versions?

how is the quality? any reason to buy the JP versions instead?

what is a trial deck? and what is the difference between these two sets?
set 1
set 2

is there an official card list somewhere or is there an included poster so I can see which cards im missing?
SeigiNoSenshi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:57 pm Reply with quote
I bought an English SAO trial deck on Ebay and another deck worth of cheaper singles off Ideal808, and that's all I have until I buy a box or 2 of Bakemonogatari, so I'm really no expert. Here's what I do understand:

Card stock is fantastic, harder to bend and knick than MTG cards. Translation seems pretty good, but character titles can be awkward sometimes. Shiny foils are pretty much really rare in the game depending on what set you're looking at, but the breakdowns set-wise seem to be:

Trial Deck: The one on the cover only, but there's still roughly a one in 5-6 deck chance for a seiyuu signature-stamped foil. Most cards in the decks don't overlap the ones in the set, however the ones that do usually feature different art.

Booster Box: About 100 card sets, Seem to be be guaranteed at only at least one foil per BOX, either foil version of single/double rares, Triple Rares, or least likely seiyuu signed (latter is roughly 2-4 in a booster case of 16 boxes)

Extra Boosters: Lower card/pack and overall under 50 card set count, but from what I've heard, they have a "2 foil per pack and any card can be foil" distribution.

As far as card lists, check out heartofthecards.com in their card translations for a card list, any card listed twice is one that has a foil edition.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:51 am Reply with quote
thanks
I found out there are so many different card games now
five qross
victory spark
precious memories
and they are expensive, 850$ for a carton? lmfao, I think not

I dont want to preorder through ebay and I cant really find anyone with a website that is selling the love live cards, kind of silly
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:44 am Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:
thanks
I found out there are so many different card games now
five qross
victory spark
precious memories
and they are expensive, 850$ for a carton? lmfao, I think not

I don't want to preorder through ebay and I can't really find anyone with a website that is selling the love live cards, kind of silly

Tried collecting PMMM Japanese collector cards (non Weib Schwarz ones), and it is a prohibitively expensive hobby. Who wants to spend a fortune buying duplicate cards, in the hopes of getting special cards.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:37 pm Reply with quote
the love live cards are on pre-order sale today on crunchyroll

Another person on the wiki said all trial decks will have the same similar type cards in various quantities so i guess you shouldn't buy more than a few trial decks and save your money for booster packs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1