• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Code Geass: Akito the Exiled #3 Delayed Until Further Notice

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Welp okay, I've been a defender of Bandai on these delays for a while or at least wasn't bothered but this is time they're on their own.
yappers4

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:33 pm Reply with quote
I've always thought they had these things planned out in advance or in progress as a whole or close to it. Even Gundam UC wasn't this inconsistent.
Galap

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Oh well. I'm really liking these and looking forward to them. Guess it'll be a while longer.

I really like the director Kazuki Akane, so I'm always looking for more stuff from him. All these delays on this are understandable but I'm really eager to see what his next project is.
nightjuan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:40 am Reply with quote
For the record, the actual theatrical screening of Akito the Exiled 2 was delayed to September 14th, 2013 from the originally announced Spring 2013 period.

The December 25th release date was only for the physical media discs, but that was actually the opposite of a delay. It took them less time to release the BD of the second part than with the first Akito entry, which was screened on August 4th of 2012 and released on BD on January 29th of 2013.

Just some trivia for those interested.

yappers4 wrote:
I've always thought they had these things planned out in advance or in progress as a whole or close to it. Even Gundam UC wasn't this inconsistent.

Gundam UC gets less delays in general, true, but it has had a couple of big ones too. I'd imagine the fact that's a higher priority for the studio helps keep things manageable.

I'm not too bothered, since I honestly never expected them to take less time to work on the third episode.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:39 am Reply with quote
I'm glad I decided to wait for the four OVAs to be out before watching them. Even without knowing what it's about, a part of me dies a little every time they've announced a delay. I mean, it's been four years since they were first announced and only half of them are out. I really hope they turn out ultra top quality to make up for all the delays.
rrizqiw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:58 am Reply with quote
yappers4 wrote:

nope it worse, UC original is 5 part episode, then turn 6 then finally 7
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:47 am Reply with quote
rrizqiw wrote:
yappers4 wrote:

nope it worse, UC original is 5 part episode, then turn 6 then finally 7

6 then turned into 7 around the time 5 came out is actually what happened.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1