• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters Offers Koe de Oshigoto Replacement DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VanGosroth

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:10 pm Reply with quote
I thought it's release was still two weeks away. Hope my RS order ships with the OK version.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:46 pm Reply with quote
The opening headline: 'Media Blasters Offers Koe de Shigoto Replacement DVD'

It's 'Koe de Oshigoto!'...
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 12:01 am Reply with quote
Well any hope of Media Blasters making any profit off of this title just went out the window.

How they're still alive at this point is anyone's guess. Anime dazed
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:00 am Reply with quote
VanGosroth wrote:
I thought it's release was still two weeks away. Hope my RS order ships with the OK version.

Some online stores have already started to ship them out, just to ensure that they get their pre-order by the release date. They also probably put this press release out, since some retailers will probably have a hard time figuring out which batch is defective.

There's also retailers that won't check/know about bad batch and still send them out. It's like Funimation's replacements with some sellers. Some sellers don't check and still sell something like that Birdy the Mighty Decode Pt. 1 with DBZ on the 2nd disc.
JinchuuGundam85

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:56 am Reply with quote
WHAT, Media Blasters isn't dead?!?! Can there really be hope that the Super Robot Wars Divine Wars Complete Series set that I have had preordered on The Right Stuf for a year might actually be coming out???
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:48 am Reply with quote
What a shame. They finally release something and then this... Poor guys.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:48 am Reply with quote
JinchuuGundam85 wrote:
WHAT, Media Blasters isn't dead?!?! Can there really be hope that the Super Robot Wars Divine Wars Complete Series set that I have had preordered on The Right Stuf for a year might actually be coming out???

MB has finally released Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams, Shamanic Princess, & Rio Rainbow Gate after numerous delays. Koe de Oshigoto was actually the first release of theirs in a while that got released without any delays, and some people have indeed already purchased SRW from MB at cons, so those releases should come out in time for its present date (5/27, I believe). After all their tax issues, supposedly losing a lot of their licenses from said tax issues being made public, and moving from NY to NJ (it wasn't exactly widespread news, but it was admitted), it looks like MB finally are back in some sort of "normality". Hopefully it can last.

As for the KdO issue, it's an issue, but at least MB is willing to do a replacement program. That's a nice sign of goodwill.
Ovan~the~Rebirth

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:04 am Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
...it looks like MB finally are back in some sort of "normality"..

I wouldn't say that its a sign of "normality". The fact that QC wasn't present at all until some poor sucker popped in the DVD and noticed that each chapter kept sending him back to the main menu reeks of no one bothered to check the discs.

It is nice that they are replacing them, it might have been the replicators fault who knows. But its interesting to see MB holding on by a silk worm's thread.
mudduck454

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:18 am Reply with quote
And now I am getting worried about ladies vs. Butlers. I wonder how bad their release will be, I am one of the few that ordered the volume 1 of kanokon, only to be burned by a complete collection release after that.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:06 am Reply with quote
mudduck454 wrote:
And now I am getting worried about ladies vs. Butlers. I wonder how bad their release will be, I am one of the few that ordered the volume 1 of kanokon, only to be burned by a complete collection release after that.

Why even buy that show on DVD? I'm not, and I love that show, but I'm holding out for a BD which will never likely happen. And I'm never double dipping to reward a company for being cheap or lazy, I buy once. I'm not going to buy a DVD with the hope that it spurs them to release a BD; anyone who falls for shit like this is foolish.

Besides, it's MB, of course they'll mess something up. They'll forget to add the specials, or some episode won't have subs. It's too risky to give them money.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1