• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/stay night's Machi Asobi Special Demo Video by ufotable Posted

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
konqueror

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:09 am Reply with quote
Oops, looks like the video went private. But worry not! Here's the video, I hope you fix it in the entry too.

Sex for your eyes:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1trg8g_fate-stay-night-2014-preview-1-1080p_shortfilms
NuGaiNM7

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:58 am Reply with quote
...Yes. YESHHHHHHHHH. dat Gae Bolg. dat Invisible Air. dat speed-fight.

btw, I just realized how important sound is in anime now! I was waiting to hear the sounds of metal clashing, but there was none!
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:20 am Reply with quote
Don't know why they are remaking it. Thought it ended as it was supposed to.

Either way, hope they do a good job of it.
konqueror

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:27 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:

You don't actually know what is stay night about, do you?

*sigh*
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:33 am Reply with quote
konqueror wrote:
TarsTarkas wrote:

*sigh*

I watched the entire series, until the very end. And I do know about the franchise as a whole. That is why I am surprised they are doing a remake of Fate/Stay Night, and not one of the other branches.
NuGaiNM7

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:59 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
konqueror wrote:
TarsTarkas wrote:

*sigh*

I watched the entire series, until the very end. And I do know about the franchise as a whole. That is why I am surprised they are doing a remake of Fate/Stay Night, and not one of the other branches.

No confirmation on remake or route. So it could be something entirely new or the could be doing something old.
konqueror

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:02 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:

Fate/stay night is Visual Novel by TYPE MOON. In the Visual Novel you have three routes: Fate, Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel. Each route have its unique events and characters, and a different ending of course.

The old stay night anime by studio DEEN adapted the first route (Fate) in 2006, which turned out to be a somewhat inaccurate adaptation when they tried to mix elements for every route into one, and that made the final series look like a complete mess, not to mention the evident low production budget. Later, studio DEEN adapted the second route (Unlimited Blade Works - 2010) in a movie, and they tried to be more faithfull to the route they were adapting this time, but still missed a lot of importante plot point and rushed thing, because is hard to compress over 20 hours of reading in 1 and a half hour of animation.

This time ufotable is making a remake, most likely adapting the final route: Heaven's Feel. From the PV, we can see little details that show us ufotable is taking this more seriously, like showing the Magic Circuits in Rin's legs when she jumps from the roof of the school, or Archer fighting Lancer with just one sword.

The first episode(s) of this remake must be almost like the first episode(s) of the old series, given that all three routes share the same prologue.

Emiya Shirou is the main character, so all of this is about him and his desire to be an ally of justice, just like Kiritsugu.

The Fate route is the presentation of that ideal
The Unlimited Blade Works route is the confrontation of that ideal.
And Heaven's Feel route is... you'll find out this November

Just watch this remake, you'll be surprised.
nhat

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Please make Tsukihime ufotable..... I will die to see that one lol. Maybe they're waiting for the Tsukihime remake... saving the best for last
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Until they announce which path they're going to be using, I wouldn't be so sure they're going Heaven's Feel. In fact, I highly doubt they will, though I guess it's possible. I think any assumption that it'll be Heaven's Feel is just wishful thinking on the part of certain fans.

Personally, I'd like to see them do all three routes in order (like the VN), but I doubt that'd happen, either. Still, it would be cool if it did.
konqueror

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
Until they announce which path they're going to be using, I wouldn't be so sure they're going Heaven's Feel. In fact, I highly doubt they will, though I guess it's possible. I think any assumption that it'll be Heaven's Feel is just wishful thinking on the part of certain fans.

Personally, I'd like to see them do all three routes in order (like the VN), but I doubt that'd happen, either. Still, it would be cool if it did.

Let's see the PV again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWM00m7AnaQ

1:10 - we can see Shirou in the church with Kotomine. See Shirou's hand: three Command Spells. Then, this can only be Fate or Heaven's Feel.

And right after that...

1:11 - in every route, Shirou always had dreams of the day Kiritsugu saved him and how everything around him disappeared, but only in Heaven's Feel he could see the Grail in the middle of everything.

My bet is that this will be a somewhat original route based on Heaven's Feel, like what the first anime did with Fate, but done right.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 2:12 pm Reply with quote
konqueror wrote:
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:

Let's see the PV again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWM00m7AnaQ

1:10 - we can see Shirou in the church with Kotomine. See Shirou's hand: three Command Spells. Then, this can only be Fate or Heaven's Feel.

And right after that...

1:11 - in every route, Shirou always had dreams of the day Kiritsugu saved him and how everything around him disappeared, but only in Heaven's Feel he could see the Grail in the middle of everything.

My bet is that this will be a somewhat original route based on Heaven's Feel, like what the first anime did with Fate, but done right.

Not saying you are wrong, but they are calling this a remake. They are not even using the name Heaven's Feel or establishing any kind of differentiation in the title from the previous Fate/Stay Night, which they did for UTW. Guess we will see in several months when more information comes out.
RedHotPT

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:07 pm Reply with quote
I doubt that is this new adaptation they will go for Heaven's Feel route.
In none of the PV release so far spoiler[Saber appear as Saber Alter.
And of the 3 heroines Sakura Matō is the one that appears less time.]

I think ufotable will go for the Fate route, but probably for them the franchise will not end with this remake.

I can see in the future maybe 2 movies for the UTW and Heaven's Feel, and a Fate/hollow ataraxia sequel.

Last edited by RedHotPT on Fri May 09, 2014 3:45 pm; edited 3 times in total
Beized

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:39 pm Reply with quote
That would be a pretty big spoiler to put in a trailer (you might want to tag your comment too), and it happens later on, so they might not even have animation of that yet, if they are in fact doing Heaven's Feel, or something close to it.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:12 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:

not for some people.

sure it was satisfactory but it should have ended with saber being allowed to remain in the present. if the king of heroes was allowed to have a human body after F/Z then so should have saber. dont know what the remake will bring but considering uftoable is in the making, it should be ok.

However what everyone really wants is hopefully a TV series of Fate Hollow Ataraxia or possibly a movie or OVA of FSN Heaven's Feel (though it will be mostly fans of sakura and rider that will be more into that )

konqueror wrote:

*sigh*

WELL DUH!!!!

OF course none of us know considering its based of an adult ero novel and game.

hell a majority of anime series (Shuffle , Sister Princess) are based of ero games which none of us buy so you cant expect us to know the real storyline.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bhl88

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Yeah it's probably an original route using the elements of Fate, UBW and Heaven's Feel

Archer attacking Shirou for different reasons.
Reveal will be more different from UBW.
One of the villains who used to be a threat in HF gets obliterated first.
Saber faces off not against Gilgamesh but against someone else.

Probably...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2