• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Glass no Kamen (all series).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Usagi04

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:24 pm Reply with quote

Glass no Kamen (TV)
Glass no Kamen (OAV)
Glass Mask (TV2)

Genres: drama, romance
Themes: acting, theatre

Plot Summary: Kitajima Maya, a 13-year old girl with a talent for acting, was discovered by the reclusive actress Tsukikage. The story follows Maya's growing up, intense training, overcoming challenges, and evolving into the foremost actress of her generation (she is about 20 so far). Maya's greatest rival is Himekawa Ayumi, the beautiful daughter of a famous movie couple. They ultimately vied for the most sought-after role - the "Crimson Goddess". An equally important subplot Maya's relationship with the handsome and ruthless entertainment mogul Hayami Masumi, who secretly became her number one fan, but misunderstandings and bad-timing obstructed their romance...
----------------------------------

Hello!

I wanted to start a thread for the Glass No Kamen series. As most of you know, it's been running for a few decades now. I'm curious as to what your thoughts are for what the ending might be, if we ever get one lol.

Has anyone ever seen the 1984 anime? I have been trying to find it for almost 2 years now and can't seem to find anyone who has it for sale, not even the Japanese imports. What do you think about the 2005 remake? I recently purchased the first 26 episodes that was released by Sentai Filmworks and really enjoyed it. The rest of the episodes are on Crunchyroll thankfully. So, discuss! Smile

[EDIT: Spruced up your opening post to fit our discussion thread standards. -TK]
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:55 am Reply with quote
Please abide by our rules and state your own opinions, first. Can't have a discussion if the opener doesn't get the ball rollin'.

Also took the liberty of making your opener pretty with a picture, encyclopedia links, and all that other info. I haven't seen the series, myself, but thought that pic looked nice, so I chose it.

Anyway, please edit your opener and put your reasons for liking the show. Doesn't have to be much. Just say what it is that interests you and why: the plot, the production, voice acting, whatever. Thanks.
xyz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:48 pm Reply with quote
I have the 80s version on tape. Characters design was closer to manga while 2005 version has the more "modern" make-over. I can't recall how both versions ended but I remember I enjoyed both versions very much. I've been a fan of the story (and Masumi) so I always wanted to see how it would end. So after watching the original anime, I watched the live action raw on tapes then a while later came the 2005 version. I never did re-watch the live action subbed afterward (after it was available everywhere.) The ending for the live action was good so I was happy with that and moved on from my Glass Mask obsession.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1