• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Waiting in the Summer's New Anime Previewed in Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:07 am Reply with quote
Awesome! So it looks like the OVA is set a year after the series ending (apart from that brief coda), so we get to see our leads reunite after being separated!
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:22 am Reply with quote
Damn, it's been ages since I've seen this. Hope Remon gets some good scenes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:51 am Reply with quote
Really hope this sees a release in the west, even if that may be unlikely.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:11 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:

If we were able to literally get every bishoujo/moe/harem/fan service title into the USA, besides the amount of companies that would be needed to license it, we actually might get so many sales because these titles often sell well.
Actar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Bought the individual BD sets because they came with replicas of the actual scripts. Really cool extras that unfortunately don't seem to be included with the complete box...
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:36 pm Reply with quote
If the box set has English subtitles I will definitely import in fear that it won't get a release in the west.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Ali07 wrote:

If we were able to literally get every bishoujo/moe/harem/fan service title into the USA, besides the amount of companies that would be needed to license it, we actually might get so many sales because these titles often sell well.

Nice, and that has something to do with my desire...how? I assuming sarcasm is at play here, but it is hard to convey tone through text. Laughing

TsunaReborn! wrote:
If the box set has English subtitles I will definitely import in fear that it won't get a release in the west.

Yep, I think I may have to do the same, if it does have English subs.

I've no idea how this series did for Sentai/Madman, but I doubt that either company would release the OVA alone or re-release the series as a whole to include 1 extra episode.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't want them to. Laughing
Asrialys

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
I've no idea how this series did for Sentai/Madman, but I doubt that either company would release the OVA alone or re-release the series as a whole to include 1 extra episode.

Assuming they're willing to claim the BD rights, the OVA is something they could go after.
zensunni

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:15 pm Reply with quote
I would soooo love to see Sentai pick up the rights to do the BD set with the OVA, but I won't hold my breath. In the meantime, I need to decide if I love this series enough to buy the OVA stand-alone BD for completeness sake... (Even if I have to rely on fansubbers for the actual English subtitled version.)

Watching the PV sent chills down my spine. It seriously does look like we will get to see what happened to everyone and the reunion of our star-crossed lovers. The look on Mio's face as she hugged her big plushy to her nudist body while talking on the phone, one presumes to her boyfriend Tetsuro, is worth the price of admission!
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:36 am Reply with quote
Asrialys wrote:
Ali07 wrote:

Assuming they're willing to claim the BD rights, the OVA is something they could go after.

Good point, BDs didn't cross my mind. But, would still rely on how the DVDs sold, yes?

While I would love to own this OVA, chances seem slim. Still, loved the original TV series and own it on DVD. The ending we were given, for me, was a good one.

The movie we saw at the end of the TV series would've been made during their last summer as high schoolers. So, this OVA is kind of like a "making of" for the final movie. Laughing

Just in case, I will make sure to keep an eye out to see if the Japanese release comes with English subtitles.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1