• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How many ANN staff have you met at conventions?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many ANN staff have you seen / met at conventions?
(spambot option)
18%
 18%  [ 5 ]
20 or more
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
15-19
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
10-14
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
5-9
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
1-4
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
0 (I have gone to conventions but have not seen anyone)
51%
 51%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 27

PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:37 am Reply with quote
Poll created on behest of Past

See title/question.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:43 am Reply with quote
I have never met any staff from ANN because I have never went to an anime convention and probably never will go to one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
archaron

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:18 pm Reply with quote
I like asimpson2006 have never met anyone from ANN at a convention and I have never been to a anime convention as well.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:18 pm Reply with quote
I have attended two panels by ANN, the ANNCast panel of AX2010 and the ANN information panel at AX2011, and thus have seen Zac, Justin, Chris, Gia, and Egan.

I have not met any of them though because 1) I am pretty shy and would probably say something ridiculous, and 2) they always look busy.

I've wandered by their booth in the exhibit room but there's never anyone there.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:52 pm Reply with quote
No cons. No meetings. The only time I've "seen" any of the staff is with a rare picture included with an article write up (meaning only Christopher and Justin).

If there's any staff I'd like to shake hands with, it would be Theron (who probably lives right across the "street" from me in Indy).

He's the Akari Mizunashi of the anime world and makes me envious he can be so calm around all the hate.

Definitely worth a reason to visit a con if he's there.

Nothing against the rest of the staff, of course, but the chance they'd set up shop in Indianapolis is about as hopeful as a 76F day in the middle of January.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:16 pm Reply with quote
kyokun703 wrote:
I have attended two panels by ANN, the ANNCast panel of AX2010 and the ANN information panel at AX2011, and thus have seen Zac, Justin, Chris, Gia, and Egan.

Wait. Egan's human? I always assumed he was a super computer Chris kept in his basement. Are you sure he's not a robot that looks human? Did you shake his hand? Was it cold? Did he blink often? Was there a key crank coming out of his back?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kyokun703

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Hahaha, I was seated towards the middle back, so I did not get close enough to see if he had a giant wind up key or electrical cords coming out of him.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for putting up my poll PJ.
I'm pretty sure I'm just shy of the 10-14 category as far as seeing ANN staff. I go to AnimeExpo and there are other conventions I've been to that staffers have shown up at (I'm not a stalker Laughing )
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:16 am Reply with quote
I met David Cabrera (Astro Toy) before he went to work for ANN, I have attended his panels at I-Con every year since 2006. I had the pleasure of meeting Mike Toole at last year's I-Con. I only spent about 30 seconds at the ANN panel at last year's NYAF but may attend their panel this year.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:52 pm Reply with quote
I have not had the pleasure of meeting any ANN staff. Mind you, the only cons I've gone to so far are a few FanExpos, a few AnimeNorths and a few Toronto Anime Conventions (which are very small). Definitely want to do an AX one of these years.
zrdb

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Never seen any of them and don't care if I never do.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:18 pm Reply with quote
I met Hope/JO at ACen this year, but I think of her more as a fellow forumite.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:38 pm Reply with quote
I don't go to conventions. Too much of an age differential to enjoy the people.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:49 pm Reply with quote
The only fellow staffer that I've ever met at a 'con is one of the behind-the-scenes guys, and I'm not sure that he's even still on staff anymore. (This was a few years ago at Acen.) That's because the main staff never comes to the Midwest 'cons and I can't afford to attend the big-name coastal 'cons.

Dorcas_Aurelia, if I'd had any idea that you and Hope were at Acen this year, I would have tried to arrange a meet. I'm likely to go again next year, so perhaps some informal ANN-based gathering can be arranged.

And PetrifiedJello, I live in Lawrence and am always at Gen Con. We're not the only Indy inhabitants in these forums, either; I know for certain at least one other long-timer is from around these parts.

Alan45: I was older than at least 90% of the other badge-wearing attendees at Acen earlier this year and I still had a great time. Don't let the perception that cons are all-youth events keep you away. (Although admittedly some cons are more youth-focused than others.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:53 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
I live in Lawrence and am always at Gen Con.

You're more "across the street" than I realize given I live in Carmel.

I was going to ask you about this year's con, but couldn't attend again. I suppose I could try again in 2012, but wear a pink hat with Luffy and Death the Kid on it so I can know who you are, k!
Razz

Useless fact: I attended LNHS for a semester having arrived from California. It was... yeah, I'd rather remember nightmares.

Quote:
We're not the only Indy inhabitants in these forums, either; I know for certain at least one other long-timer is from around these parts.

Yes, but Mylene's a.... girl. Razz

I'm not opposed to sitting at a Starbucks shootin' the wind over anime.

Just sayin'. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2