• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
World Trigger (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:16 am Reply with quote

Season 1 - World Trigger (TV)
Season 1.5 - World Trigger (TV 2) (discussion starts here)
Season 2 - World Trigger (TV 3) (discussion starts here)
Season 3 - World Trigger (TV 4)

Genres: action, sci-fi
Themes: school, shounen, space

Plot Summary: One day, a gate to another world opened in Mikado City. These entities of the other world, called Neighbors, sent out an invasion force that overran the area surrounding the gate. Given the technological superiority of the Neighbors, the destruction of the city seemed only a matter of time.

Then suddenly, Border appeared in the town, an organization that researches the technology of the Neighbors to protect this side of the gate. In a short time, they built a huge base and became established as the line of defense against the Neighbors.

One day a student named Yūma transfers to the same middle-school class as Osamu, a teenager who belongs to Border. He has a weapon called Trigger that is only allowed to be possessed by people in Border, and claims to have come from beyond the gate.

S1-2 - (Crunchyroll)
S3 - Oct. 9, 2021 (Saturdays; Crunchyroll)
----------------------------------

This has a strange time slot but should be fun. The manga is still ongoing right now but with that time slot, I'm expecting 2 cour with hopefully, a faithful adaptation. The series has sci-fi themes though. There's also a lot of star casting in this series. I'm personally looking forward to Nobuhiko Okamoto playing as Jun Arashiyama.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1:

Good episode and especially that spoiler[OP song is something I loved hearing. The episode gave a general setup of the main characters, or at least two of them so far. And one of them is Yuma, a character I find to be quite interesting for a kid with his obliviousness to certain things. I like how he was able to turn against the bullies' tactics too both in and outside of class.]

Anyways, if this is adapted right, it should be a good series overall. OST is noticeable too with the humor =3=
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, wasn't blown away, but wasn't repelled, either. I'll stick around for a bit. Hope and Zac rightly hacked on the animation and artwork in their previews. Definitely not a visual tour de force, that's for sure.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:28 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

Did not quite spoiler[expect that he was an agent], I would say it is well done. But I am quite annoyed with the facial expression they keep using, I remember them using it quite a bit in Magi, but is practically being overused here.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:02 am Reply with quote
After being massively disappointed by Tokyo ESP's adaptation, I was very pleased by this one. Yes, the art is a little offmodel in places, but I think they got a lot done with what they were doing, and at least ti flowed together well.
Bugnin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:38 am Reply with quote
Eh, pretty safe first episode. Need to see more before I can form any sort of an opinion.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:10 am Reply with quote

spoiler[Explanation at the beginning made things clear.
It's amazing to what people can get used to.
That Kuga kid looks interesting.
Mikumo & Kuga look like a pair that'll have many adventures.
Those bullies almost got what they deserved.
Mikumo just likes to be noble all the time.
Kuga is on a whole different level.
The plot might be slow-ish, but it's fine.]

Will give it a few more episodes before I decide.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:00 pm Reply with quote
This show is trying very very hard to be cool. So far, it's not quite managing it for me, but I didn't hate it.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:42 am Reply with quote

spoiler[Kuga is a trouble magnet.
Well, at least he can defend himself.
He sure has a lot to learn about acting like other people..
Osamu Mikumo has his hands full with Kuga, that's for sure.
Damn, he's pretty much indestructible..
Osamu keeps getting punched... kinda pathetic.
Well, at least Kuga is starting to fit in.
Maybe the sudden attack on school has something to do with Kuga being there..]
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:25 am Reply with quote
I think I gave up on this when White Hair Kid's pet-thingy said there aren't that many bad guys in Japan. Because the entire episode so far had been about WHK beating up cardboard bullies who all happen to share the same off-model evily face. Also, thanks for another 3 mintues of exposition that we already got on episode 1. This show's gotten nothing but big yawns out of me. I'm definitely out.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:51 am Reply with quote
Heh, I think I'm one of the few who likes this show. While it isn't groundbreaking in either story, characters, or technical aspects, I just think of it as a fun series to get along with. And Yuuma has become a character I find interesting to watch considering that he is a bit unpredictable. Then again, his lack of common sense kinda triggers some of his actions so....
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:03 am Reply with quote
I'm sticking with this one because I know the manga is awesome and hope they get their butts in gear on the anime, but it really is glacially paced. They even have a tendency to just pause way too long on nothing scenes (like the last frame), and the entire "about Neighbors" lesson at the end was completely redundant, just repeating what they'd said right in the middle of the episode. This entire episode should have been 3-5 minutes of the next episode.
HolyR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:31 am Reply with quote
I'm also enjoying this show despite not reading much of the manga. The animation for the second episode seemed more consistent (maybe because there wasn't a whole lot of action that needed more attention) and I like that time is taken to develop the two main characters before jumping right into the first big arc or whatever. It's kinda got a relaxing pace to it for now.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:34 pm Reply with quote
i read all the chapters of this manga only because i pay for the shonen jump subscription. This manga's style is similar to the ending arc for naruto and aizen arc of bleach. In term of there are fighting going on in many places and many characters. I don't know what's going half of the time and i don't remember 80% of people's name.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:05 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Trions and Triggers]....

We'll probably hear a lot of that in this show from now on if they decide to explain them. Anyways, I thought the OST improved from the latest episode. Animation quality remains the same though. Also, spoiler[Kitora seems like one of those tough girls so looking forward to seeing more of her in action.]

I see that spoiler[Osamu is getting more respect now though which is a good thing after what he has been trying to do to help others.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 19