• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Announces Diabolik Lovers English Dub Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazydude500

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Is this the anime/game franchise where fans are complaining that all the male leads are wife-beaters?

I haven't seen the show but Cordelia looks like a seductress. Monica Rial IMO does not have a sexy voice so that's probably a miscast. Should've cast Emily Neves or Shelley Calene-Black instead.
oujosamadeshita

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:02 pm Reply with quote
This is the biggest joke out of all the english dub release yet.
Felicity dash

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Huh, that is a certainly interesting cast...
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:48 pm Reply with quote
lazydude500 wrote:
Is this the anime/game franchise where fans are complaining that all the male leads are wife-beaters?

I haven't seen the show but Cordelia looks like a seductress. Monica Rial IMO does not have a sexy voice so that's probably a miscast. Should've cast Emily Neves or Shelley Calene-Black instead.

More Shelley is always appreciated imo. Seeing Maggie makes me wonder....what became of the rest of the Red Garden cast? Apart from Maggie, Chris, Brittany, and Shelley there is almost nothing heard from the actresses who played Kate and Claire.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Chris Patton said back in September that he was in this show. I didn't know they hadn't announced the full cast until now. I'm checking it out because of him lol.

lazydude500 wrote:

Um. Have you HEARD Monica in Michiko & Hatchin? If I recall correctly she sounded pretty hot in that lol. I'm not saying she's the perfect person for the role because I don't know anything about the show, but she is capable of doing more than just high, annoying voices lol.
lazydude500

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:21 pm Reply with quote
KENZICHI wrote:
Chris Patton said back in September that he was in this show. I didn't know they hadn't announced the full cast until now. I'm checking it out because of him lol.

lazydude500 wrote:

Um. Have you HEARD Monica in Michiko & Hatchin? If I recall correctly she sounded pretty hot in that lol. I'm not saying she's the perfect person for the role because I don't know anything about the show, but she is capable of doing more than just high, annoying voices lol.

I watched and wasn't impressed. Too forced sounding for my liking.
BakaRocka

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:36 pm Reply with quote
People HATED this anime. Why would they spend money on making an English dub??
Fainaru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:43 pm Reply with quote
i really liked the series but i cant imagine chris patton playing a guy like ayato at all.

I expect this to be another dub disaster like vampire knight
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:59 pm Reply with quote
How in hell did this godawful show ever get a dub? It seriously should be a criminal offense, when Sentai's released MUCH better shows dubless. Evil or Very Mad
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:04 pm Reply with quote
I see Maggie Flecknoe is playing the submissive girl with more fashion sense than personality once again. Chris Patton's name being attached to a show like this just makes me sad. The fact that Patton and Flecknoe were co-stars in the Kanon dub... well that just makes things worse.

That being said I never got around to watching this show when it was airing. A terrible Sentai dub would actually add to the unintentional comedy gold. I'd actually be disappointed in Sentai if this dub was actually good.

lazydude500 wrote:
Monica Rial IMO does not have a sexy voice so that's probably a miscast.
You don't know Monica Rial too well do you?

oujosamadeshita wrote:
This is the biggest joke out of all the english dub release yet.

BakaRocka wrote:
People HATED this anime. Why would they spend money on making an English dub??

Kruszer wrote:
How in hell did this godawful show ever get a dub? It seriously should be a criminal offense, when Sentai's released MUCH better shows dubless. Evil or Very Mad

Ladies and Gentlemen, Sentai Filmworks.
meepsheeps

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:33 pm Reply with quote
I might watch the dubbed version just for the lols
KaitoDoku

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:20 pm Reply with quote
When this fails financially, can we finally get a Big O release date Sentai?
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:51 pm Reply with quote
I think I just lost respect for everyone who would willingly be involved in this piece of duck poop. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1